Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

honeybunch2222

Can't log on to google account

Can't log on to google account

Hi there, I'm trying to log my ATV 1800E with my google account but with any account it tell me: There is a problem communicating with google server

But I amconnected wireless and ethernet, my google account is working, I have factory reset dthe device and manual updated Android 5.1 which comes with Kodi 17.3 5.1_20170612

And alway the same problem, I see on the web a patch to fix google play update, but I can't download it, its from 2016 and the fiekl is expired.

Solutution?

Having exact same issue, just got a couple of these cheap to use as spares, what a waste of money, can't log into play store.

I have tried installing the play store manually as well, as suggested and also cannot find the "patch" file from before.  If someone has it, please upload it again.  

I am using other means for entertainment, but this is for a family member who just wants something simple to start out.

Same issue after a reset . Can some please help . Was working (as in a few hours ago)  prior to resetting my device to factory settings . I have cleared cache on the Google play app, Google play service etc.

Please help or advise ?

SUCCESS !!!! After numerous attempts at logging in with my existing gmail account and getting the error " there was a problem communicating with google servers". I tried everything from update Google Services to clearing cache , playing around with host files etc.

After trying logging in on google play store setup window with "Existing" i decided for the fun of it to try "New" and follow the setup to create a new google account. After going throught the setup "VIOLA" i was in and seems to be working now with new account . Which is really weird . But F it , its working and thats all that i care about 

Hope this helps others as i have spent 2 sleepless nights trying to fix this !!!!

Cheers
Gav