rerdavies

ATV495MAX Firmware

ATV495MAX Firmware

The only firmware currently available for the ATV495MAX is the beta patch for Netflix coming in at about 60 MB.  A full set of firmware should weigh in at close to 512MB.

Could you please post actual firmware for the ATV495MAX (any version would do). You seem to have it for other devices, but not for the ATV495MAX.

• Like 1

I bought an ematic Netflix box. It's got android tv9. Google certified and also Netflix certified. 

Surprisingly has the same specs as my 495max, yet running Android 9 and certified for all the stuff a person needs. 

Stopped wasting my time with this brand though. They were once very good--and had regular updates and actually cared about aftersales. I have had 3 of there boxes in the past. The 495 max is sure to be my last. 

No support, no updates, no development. 

• Like 2

Filmware received for MyGica ATV495Max from Syntech provided by Milan Knoesen. Thanks Milan

https://syntechsa-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/milan_syntech_co_za/EdJwRJnvr7BMnuU01JwWT3cBufiPaZpjpghVAIB_bzCGgA?e=ggUsYn

Instructions:
1. Download the zip file
2. Format your MicroSD Card/flash drive to FAT32
3. Copy the[.IMG] file the root of the flash drive or Micro SD card
4. Insert the flash / SD card into the media player
5. push the reset button (located underneath the media player)
6. power on the media player while holding in the reset button
7. release the reset button when the media player boots into the recovery console
8. in the recovery console, Select (( Apply update from EXT ))
9. Update from Micro SD card/flash drive

It will install the FW, it usually takes about 5-10 minutes, then it should boot you back to the home screen.
Please note this may erase all files and personalization's on the unit.
It is recommended to do a factory reset afterward just make sure all the correct files are installed, and no extra or duplicate files interfere with the OS.

Does the firmware contain a working version of Netflix? I loaded the beta patch. Netflix works but as time goes on the Netflix app starts giving problems and audio/video sync issues.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:08 AM, Hendri said:

Filmware received for MyGica ATV495Max from Syntech provided by Milan Knoesen. Thanks Milan

https://syntechsa-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/milan_syntech_co_za/EdJwRJnvr7BMnuU01JwWT3cBufiPaZpjpghVAIB_bzCGgA?e=ggUsYn

Instructions:
1. Download the zip file
2. Format your MicroSD Card/flash drive to FAT32
3. Copy the[.IMG] file the root of the flash drive or Micro SD card
4. Insert the flash / SD card into the media player
5. push the reset button (located underneath the media player)
6. power on the media player while holding in the reset button
7. release the reset button when the media player boots into the recovery console
8. in the recovery console, Select (( Apply update from EXT ))
9. Update from Micro SD card/flash drive

It will install the FW, it usually takes about 5-10 minutes, then it should boot you back to the home screen.
Please note this may erase all files and personalization's on the unit.
It is recommended to do a factory reset afterward just make sure all the correct files are installed, and no extra or duplicate files interfere with the OS.

mware 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:11 PM, rerdavies said:

ATV495MAX Firmware

The only firmware currently available for the ATV495MAX is the beta patch for Netflix coming in at about 60 MB.  A full set of firmware should weigh in at close to 512MB.

Could you please post actual firmware for the ATV495MAX (any version would do). You seem to have it for other devices, but not for the ATV495MAX.

There is an ATV 9.0 Pie firmware for the MyGica ATV 495MAX.  Geniatech, MyGica's mother company still sells this same identical box so download the firmware before their link is gone ! https://shop.geniatech.us/download/software-for-geniatech-android-box/

Edited by EdT586
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 10:34 PM, EdT586 said:

There is an ATV 9.0 Pie firmware for the MyGica ATV 495MAX.  Geniatech, MyGica's mother company still sells this same identical box so download the firmware before their link is gone ! https://shop.geniatech.us/download/software-for-geniatech-android-box/

Thanks for this

Just a few notes. I was running on the Syntech version (patch_ATV495Max_7.1_Syntech_CTS_20191029.img).

While flashing 'enjoytv-ota-9.0_20190227.img' (using the built-in updater app), the flash failed about half way, and any subsequent reboots only landed up in recovery mode. 

The good news is, I was able to wipe data/factory reset, and then successfully flash 'enjoytv-ota-9.0_20190227.img' from that recovery (I used a FAT32 formatted SD-CARD, as it wasn't detecting my USB drive, and after rebooting, was met with the new Geniatech boot screen and started loaded up great.

Then more bad news: Once I got to the welcome screen, it says "Hold Home and Left while holding the remote near the box". This seemed like a dead end because the MyGica remote does not seem to be detected on this ROM when holding down those two buttons!!

The good news: After sweating for hours thinking I'd just turned this TV box into another paperweight, I came accross this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOr32WdeNlo which basically shows how you can hold down the OK and BACK buttons to put the remote into pairing mode.  BINGO, the welcome screen now recognized my remote, but was still having a hard time pairing at first. I realized that I had to also press the HOME and LEFT buttons as asked, but only after I started the pairing process with the OK and BACK buttons as described earlier. Timing is key here, but if I could get it right, so can you.

I'm now up and running on Android 9 on what almost turned into trash! Can't express how relieved I am about that :D

Edited by FragtioNza

I've noticed a performance degradation since upgrading to Pie. I also noticed that the system is running as armv7 (32 bit) rather than aarch64 (64 bit) that it was previously. For now I'd probably suggest staying on v7 for this reason, unless there's a specific reason you need a higher version