Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hadams100

Migica 495max

Migica 495max

Box freezes every time on startup when connecting to internet.  Can't use remote or nothing.  Tried both ethernet and wifi with no luck.  Just wondering how to fix this problem

I am not sure but I won't be happy if the box is garbage.  Not even a year old.  Was able to do a factory reset and now freezes at the language screen.  Doesn't seem to matter what I do.  Will never buy another one of their boxes again if this is the garbage they make.  Not like they are cheap.  I paid 150 for mine.

Exact same thing happened to me this evening .... freezes right after connecting to the internet ... can't do a reset. Once I unplug and restart it .. same things happens.

Seems like maybe an OS thing?

28 minutes ago, JuanSnow said:

Hi

Jip, I am from South Africa - Western Cape. Exact same issue...

Maybe something to do with Corona scare or should we say lies...🤔

Got this reply from Syntec senior technician in South africa: The firmware will need to be reloaded it looks like android did a OTA and this caused the unit to freeze. We had about 5 cases this morning only way to fix this is to reflash the unit (reload original firmware)

Did a factory reset again, disconnected internet except during sign in. I also disabled auto update on Google Playstore.

Reconnected internet, seems stable now. Auto update still disabled.

15 minutes ago, Morne Geyser said:

Got this reply from Syntec senior technician in South africa: The firmware will need to be reloaded it looks like android did a OTA and this caused the unit to freeze. We had about 5 cases this morning only way to fix this is to reflash the unit (reload original firmware)

How do you do that if it is frozen? Have you got contact details for them

Syntec says it an Android OTA problem and not a Mygica problem. The unit need to be sent to their JHB or CPT office to reinstall the firmware. There is nothing else to do. I will try the factory reset option. Nothing to loose at this moment.

33 minutes ago, Asf said:

I have the same issue. How do you reload the firmware?

See my post above. Syntec says its not a mygica problem but Android update problem. The firmware is not available to the public. We need to send the boxes to their JHB or CPT offices to reinstall.

42 minutes ago, Morne Geyser said:

Syntec says it an Android OTA problem and not a Mygica problem. The unit need to be sent to their JHB or CPT office to reinstall the firmware. There is nothing else to do. I will try the factory reset option. Nothing to loose at this moment.

Did the factory reset help ??

Disable Chromecast and uninstall Chromecast updates.

Go to Settings - Apps - Chromecast

Click on Force stop, Disable, Uninstall updates.

If you experience a problem opening settings, then restart your box with internet disconnected.