Waani

MyGica ATV495Max Software Problems

MyGica ATV495Max Software Problems

Can i please get assistance my MyGica ATV495Max stalls when it reboots then it hangs in the bootup screen. I tried looking for the software but it seems like there is no software available for this model.

Is there maybe another way that i can fix this problem? PLEASE HELP!!!!

https://www.mygica.co.za/downloads/

It think this is a better link...which actually lists the 495Max.

From the site - 

ATV495MAX hangs on start up (after update)

Google released an OTA update recently.

Most devices are only starting to download and install this update now. Unfortunately, there is an issue with this update, causing some mobile and TV OS devices to hang on start up when connected to Wifi / Ethernet.

Please follow the instructions below to resolve the issue:

1. Power off the device.

2. Remove the Ethernet cable from the media player.

3. Power on the device.

4. Disable wifi

Once completed, disable chromecast & uninstall updates.

To do this, please see below:

1. Go to settings.

2. Go to apps

3. Select “chromecast”

4. Select “force stop” & confirm.

5. Select ” disable” & confirm.

6. Select ” uninstall updates” & confirm

7. Exit to the home screen.

8. Restart the device.

Once powered on, you may re-enable the Wifi / Ethernet again.

Please note, this update corrupted the Chromecast application, causing the OS to hang in certain apps. Google is working on the issue, and will release an update soon.

Edited by hanke

so heres an interesting thing. I did a factory data reset and dont have "Chromecast" on my list of apps.  

"2. Go to apps; 3. Select “chromecast” 4. Select “force stop” & confirm.

I went to play store and disabled "Auto update of apps" and updated all the normal apps, with the exception of Chromecast.

Anyone else find this?

Filmware received for MyGica ATV495Max from Syntech provided by Milan Knoesen. Thanks Milan

https://syntechsa-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/milan_syntech_co_za/EdJwRJnvr7BMnuU01JwWT3cBufiPaZpjpghVAIB_bzCGgA?e=ggUsYn

Instructions:
1. Download the zip file
2. Format your MicroSD Card/flash drive to FAT32
3. Copy the[.IMG] file the root of the flash drive or Micro SD card
4. Insert the flash / SD card into the media player
5. push the reset button (located underneath the media player)
6. power on the media player while holding in the reset button
7. release the reset button when the media player boots into the recovery console
8. in the recovery console, Select (( Apply update from EXT ))
9. Update from Micro SD card/flash drive

It will install the FW, it usually takes about 5-10 minutes, then it should boot you back to the home screen.
Please note this may erase all files and personalization's on the unit.
It is recommended to do a factory reset afterward just make sure all the correct files are installed, and no extra or duplicate files interfere with the OS.

• Like 1

Yes put them all into the root of the thumb drive..and it will use what it needs.  Extract them as you see there and copy them over to the thumb drive ensuring they are in the root of the drive.  Good Luck..

Edited by hanke

I dont have an atv495max...but when I download the file from the source indicated above...all I get is an image file..so not sure where you obtained the zip file.  I completed the download and the image file is only like 670mbs in size.  Ensure you downloaded file from correct link and follow the instructions posted by Hendri.

26 minutes ago, Waani said:

it still does not work i dont know why but i will stick with version 9 and see how it goes thanks hanke

Ok..just thought you were stuck on the boot screen..take care.

On 4/19/2020 at 11:28 PM, Waani said:

it still does not work i dont know why but i will stick with version 9 and see how it goes thanks hanke

I want to just confirm - did you install version 9 of Android tv? Is it the version that is available on geniatech website? Is it stable and working properly? 

The last I read, was not to install it... 

Edited by Gareth De Kock

So I was bored and decided to give this a shot... not a good idea on my part unfortunately!

Currently stuck on white androidtv welcome screen, even though no upgrade was done? It seems that the unit cant find the image files, almost as if it only 'sees' certain file formats. Thats why the .zip folders are verified.. 

Still in the process of trying to figure something else out, otherwise might as well chuck it in the bin...

Hi i have the same problem. I factory reset my device and now it dos not work. i have done everything shown and still no joy. it does not read any files but folders from the usb drive and Sd card.