Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByNight

Shomi and ATV1200

Hi, Just wondering if anyone out there has tried Shomi on their ATV1200 box? I have tried it and it doesn't work for me... it simply will not play anything. The app loada fine, but if I try to play anything it goes to buffering and when that stops it kicks me back to the Shomi page in the app where I can resume the play again. But it never works.

FBN

I've been trying a few thing today and have found that the Movie Network Go (MGO) app doesn't work on the ATV1200 also.....

I get this message when trying to play something:

"Insecure Device - Video playback is not supported on devices with a modified version of Android"

I believe that the ATV1200 android version is rooted, so my guess is that is why I get this message?

Would be interested to see if Crave TV app will work, but don't have an account.

FBN

I do use Netflix, but since I'm getting a free trial subscription for Shomi and get MGO free also, why not try it out on the ATV1200? Just sharing my experiences with the users here... maybe saving someone the cost of subscribing and finding out it doesn't work on their box? I think we all know that Netflix works....

FBN

I do use Netflix, but since I'm getting a free trial subscription for Shomi and get MGO free also, why not try it out on the ATV1200? Just sharing my experiences with the users here... maybe saving someone the cost of subscribing and finding out it doesn't work on their box? I think we all know that Netflix works....

FBN

Update..... Crave TV Works! Somewhat.... a little tough to navigate around with remote and mouse and it does play the videos, but a little distortion along the lower edge of the screen.

FBN

Same problem with Shomi. It now comes free with Rogers but can't get it to play a movie.

Using the google store tablet version, loads up fine.

Play movie, immediate crash asking to contact 1-800 number.

Anyone get this working?

I have been speaking with Shomi over the last few weeks.

There working on getting more Android Devices to work with there App.

But I also asked about becoming a Shomi Certified device, just waiting to hear back on this.

We are close to becoming certified for Crave TV, just had to wait for them to open the doors for everyone in Canada, which i think started this week.

We ran a few log tests here on our end also to see why it wont work either. So hope maybe we can find a solution to this on our side also.

There support is weird though, because the app gives an error message and says to contact support with this error code. But when you do, there support has no idea what it is really..LOL

I know SHOMI uses Microsoft Play Ready for there DRM, so we would have to add this to our Quad Core Firmware once we either get certified, or get it to work. I am not sure if we would be able to get this working on an ATV 1200 though

One of the main reasons why the video is crashing is because it is checking for the Play Ready license