SpaffyZA

ATV1960 update in South Africa

ATV1960 update in South Africa

Howsit.

I recently purchased an ATV1960 from a local retailer but the system is still running android 6.0

For Showmax to work I need to update it to Android 7 but the update is not available locally.

I see on the forum that @Milan - Syntech was helping some South African residents with the required update but he was last seen on forum in March.

Syntech is the distributor of the device in South Africa but before I make arrangements with them to send the unit back there I would like to find out what the process is for the update as I have some experiences with android software, having rooted (and bricked )a few devices already.

Perhaps @thavinci or @MoRRaZ505 can share the info with me?

Much love from Cape Town, South Africa.

hi 

Also from Mzanzi.  Don't waste your time updating to android 7.  I did that and the device froze a couple of times.  It was unstable.  I ended up going back to version 6. Then, I updated the firmware to android 6.0.1.  It does run Showmax and Netflix without problems.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2020 at 2:22 PM, Mavinola said:

hi 

Also from Mzanzi.  Don't waste your time updating to android 7.  I did that and the device froze a couple of times.  It was unstable.  I ended up going back to version 6. Then, I updated the firmware to android 6.0.1.  It does run Showmax and Netflix without problems.

Could you share the necessary files to recover my atv1960 to android 6, by mistake update to android 7 and the atv goes very badly, please if you were so kind I would appreciate it.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:49 AM, dante636 said:

Could you share the necessary files to recover my atv1960 to android 6, by mistake update to android 7 and the atv goes very badly, please if you were so kind I would appreciate it.

I am not able to watch showmax using version 6.0.1. I can open the app and all, but no sound or video. Just the player ticking along the seconds

On 8/26/2021 at 7:15 AM, Anthony89 said:

I am not able to watch showmax using version 6.0.1. I can open the app and all, but no sound or video. Just the player ticking along the seconds

I have a link for the stock version 7.1.2 for the ATV 1960 in the ATV 495PRO HDR thread

On 1/9/2022 at 7:10 AM, EdT586 said:

I have a link for the stock version 7.1.2 for the ATV 1960 in the ATV 495PRO HDR thread

Can you please provide me with the link and instructions how to do the stock version for ATV 1960. 

Kind regards 

Freek Oosthuizen 

Also from Cape Town. - I have the image for 7.1 for my ATV1960 from the Mygica site but it fails on installation. It states: "package for 'stvs9' devices; this is a 'stvs912' "

My unit was fine till I tried to update Netflix from Google Play Store.  The media player is not certified for newer Netflix versions. Now it keeps asking for access credentials and won't load. I can use Netflix on other devices so I know my 

Netflix account is ok.

All other features work on my ATV1960,  just the Netflix is broken

Is there a way to update the Android version 6.1 .?

Thanks

Best Regards

Colin

ATV1960 7.1 update fail .jpg