Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rich115

ATV1200 Problems Today

I have had the ATV1200 for about a month with no problems.

Today I turned it on, and I am receiving the following error messages:

-Google play services has stopped

-the processcom.google.process.gapps has stopped

-remote controller input method has stopped

When I go to settings there is nothing there except the title at the top of the screen.

I did not do anything except turn it on, so I am looking for some help!

I have had the ATV1200 for about a month with no problems.

Today I turned it on, and I am receiving the following error messages:

When I go to settings there is nothing there except the title at the top of the screen.

I did not do anything except turn it on, so I am looking for some help!

A simple Factory Reset in the settings menu will fix this.

Please note that anything you have loaded onto the box incluiing XBMC add ons will be erased, so make sure to backup this before you factory reset.

Thank you. I tried the hard re-set, as per the video, however the box is not recognizing the remote control, so I cannot scroll down to the factory reset option. The light flashes on the remote control indicating it is working. Now when I turn on the box, it is stuck on the 'Android' logo and will not go past that...It seems to be 1 thing wrong after another, and all I did was turn on the box in the first place...Any other suggestions, except to send the box back?

Thank you. I tried the hard re-set, as per the video, however the box is not recognizing the remote control, so I cannot scroll down to the factory reset option. The light flashes on the remote control indicating it is working. Now when I turn on the box, it is stuck on the 'Android' logo and will not go past that...It seems to be 1 thing wrong after another, and all I did was turn on the box in the first place...Any other suggestions, except to send the box back?

Try the hard reset again.

But hookup a USB keyboard to your box so you can scroll through the menu to factory reset.

If a hard reset doesn't work then you will have to send unit in for warranty.

Thank you, the USB keyboard worked and I was able to scroll and complete the hard re-set.

The XBMC centre looks different now, I previously had 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' as categories, was there an upgrade or should I do something else, or is this lost?

Thank you, the USB keyboard worked and I was able to scroll and complete the hard re-set.

The XBMC centre looks different now, I previously had 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' as categories, was there an upgrade or should I do something else, or is this lost?

Any firmware update will erase whatever you had in XBMC before that.

You will have to set it up again.

I ran into the similar problem - did the soft reset and hard reset and it just keeps rebooting into that "Android Recovery Mode" screen... not sure what the problem is, but I can't get it back into Android or reset to factory defaults at all.

How would I go about returning this for warranty to you guys and where?

I ran into the similar problem - did the soft reset and hard reset and it just keeps rebooting into that "Android Recovery Mode" screen... not sure what the problem is, but I can't get it back into Android or reset to factory defaults at all.

How would I go about returning this for warranty to you guys and where?

Try this

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945

Should fix the problem you are having.

I have been having this problem for some time as well i do a full factory wipe/reset redo system then the system is ok for a few day then it comes back i have updated the firm ware etc, its just a recurring issue and im still trying to figure a fix for this as i bought the box privately in the fall

I have been having this problem for some time as well i do a full factory wipe/reset redo system then the system is ok for a few day then it comes back i have updated the firm ware etc, its just a recurring issue and im still trying to figure a fix for this as i bought the box privately in the fall

If it is a recurring issue then I would suggest just getting it replaced under warranty.

It makes no sense to have to redo your box every few days.

So this is how i resolved it - use the launcher not the mygica one disable google play and google play services... wish i had the option of being able to uninstall netflix and skype but seems the firmware keeps force installing them. uninstall xbmc frodo and install xbmc gotham

"Today I turned it on, and I am receiving the following error messages:

When I go to settings there is nothing there except the title at the top of the screen."

This also just happened to me! I had to do a hard reset and lost everything in the possess. Maybe I should have done more research on the ATV 1200 before purchasing two of them. These units have serious issues that need to be resolved ASAP! If Google Play is trying to update and causing this problem then fix it with a firmware update. The same with Skype and camera compatibility. Not happy and becoming very frustrated with MyGica...

"Today I turned it on, and I am receiving the following error messages:

When I go to settings there is nothing there except the title at the top of the screen."

This also just happened to me! I had to do a hard reset and lost everything in the possess. Maybe I should have done more research on the ATV 1200 before purchasing two of them. These units have serious issues that need to be resolved ASAP! If Google Play is trying to update and causing this problem then fix it with a firmware update. The same with Skype and camera compatibility. Not happy and becoming very frustrated with MyGica...

I use a ATV 1200 personally at home along with a 582.

I have never experienced these issues on the 1200 at home, however I have with a unit we have on display at our office that did this.. We just factory reset and did not have the issue since then. This is something that we find happens rarely, as I have only heard from a few people about this issue.

I am working on getting more cameras supported on a newer firmware update.