silvervan1986

Can I root my ATV1900AC box?

Can I root my ATV1900AC box?

Hi I have a ATV 1900 Pro and would like to convert it to be used as a SMB Samba Server or network server to store movies and music. I've seen a few apps in the app store that allow that functionality but they require Root access.

So my questions are is the ATV1900 already rooted and I just need to activate this option OR do I need to also need to get an app or PC based tool to run a program to actively root the ATV1900Pro device.

Thanks for your help!

Its only for the 1900AC not the PRO, check the download section and you will see or search google, don't believe there is a root firmware for the PRO model.

Edited by hanke

yes,

you can rooted your atv1900ac box. just to need activate this option OR do I need to also need to get an app or PC based tool to run a program to actively root the ATV1900Pro device.

Rooting an ATV1900AC box may be possible, but it can also be risky and may void your device's warranty. Rooting involves modifying the software on your device to gain access to system-level privileges, which can potentially expose your device to security risks or even render it unusable if not done correctly.

Before attempting to root your ATV1900AC box, it is recommended that you research the process thoroughly and proceed with caution. It's also important to note that rooting may not be legal in some regions, so make sure to check your local laws and regulations before proceeding.