Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Judi

Kr41 remote no red light

Kr41 remote no red light

My Kr-41 remote has been playing up lately, where the air mouse cursor freezes or it doesn't work & I have to unplug the power a few times. I tried to pair it again by removing the USB & pressing volume & page up. Red lights, not blue flashed and now no red lights appear at all and it has stopped working completely. I've changed the batteries also but it seems like maybe the remote is broken?? I've had it for a few years now. Do I need to get a new one?

I suspect you have tried to move the USB dongle to another usb port of the device, if you have one available.  Not sure which device your are using.  I have had issues with the ATV1800 and ATV1900 where inside on the main board of the device there is goop which spreads overtime and causes the usb port on the main board to not function correctly due to the goop.  People have opened the box and carefully tried to remove the goop from the main board by the usb port.  It is a very sensitive task and can cause damage to the main board if not done carefully.

Once this goop has been cleaned away with alcohol and scraped carefully away my usb ports have again functioned.  Not sure if this is helpful in your case.  I have done this and the usb port functioned again. 

Good luck.

Thanks Hanke! Yes I did try other ports...I've ordered another remote as I think it's perhaps too old now and in the meantime I've thankfully discovered that connecting a mouse directly to the mygica works for now!