Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phill

Upgrade to new android

Can't do it...if you do with a generic version, you could brick your device since the chip on the device most likely will not be compatible.  Only way to know is if anyone else has taken that chance and got it working but a search of the web is your only option to find out.

I have an iptv sub but can't add the app to the box. Also can't install file linked app  it will download but won't open. Any suggestions 

Install ES file explorer and then you should be able to look at the files your downloaded and also should be able to install them from the ES file explorer after they are downloaded.  The iptv app may not be compatible with your android version since most of them are using a much higher android version these days since mygica are using very old versions.

On 5/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, Phill said:

Upgrade to new android

I would like to know how to upgrade my gica 495 pro to the newest android version 

The latest Android OS for the ATV495PRO HDR is Android 7.1.2 which is plenty as Kodi 19.3 still works as far back as Android 5.1 !

And I too would like to know how to upgrade my 495x Hdr ot is not a pro. Customer and tech support will not get back to me. I have contacted them countless times. Not great service. 

I am beginning to think no works here and I should go to a firestick

On 12/10/2021 at 10:46 AM, Job said:

And I too would like to know how to upgrade my 495x Hdr ot is not a pro. Customer and tech support will not get back to me. I have contacted them countless times. Not great service. 

I am beginning to think no works here and I should go to a firestick

Shouldn't be too difficult if your box is not already bricked and is working currently.

You just need to download the firmware here and follow the instructions:

Becareful with any firmware updates on the MyGica ATV 495PRO HDR, ATV 495X HDR and ATV 495MAX as MyGica has not released an AML version of the firmware that can be used with the Amlogic USB Burning Tool if ever the SD Card version of the firmware bricks your box.

The standard  MyGica ATV 495PRO has both the  SD Card and AML versions of the firmware released so that is a more safer box to flash.

I downloaded the upgrade on to my laptop ran a cord to mygica and tried from there.

I also went to this site via my internet on the box and it still would not take the upgrade.

22 hours ago, Job said:

I downloaded the upgrade on to my laptop ran a cord to mygica and tried from there.

I also went to this site via my internet on the box and it still would not take the upgrade.

This is the micro SD card firmware version:  update_MyGica_ATV495X_wv_7.1_20171221_V1.0 1.0

You do not need a PC or laptop to do this firmware update !

1. You need to get a Micro SD Card that is 1GB or more and format it to FAT32

2. Once you did that move the firmware file you downloaded on your PC to the micro SD card root directly (means not in any folder)

3. Making sure the box is not under power (Unplugged)  Insert the micro SD Card into the TF card slot of your ATV 495PRO box

4. While simultaneously pressing down on the power button of your ATV 495PRO box plug in the power adapter and wait till the Android Recovery menu shows up and then you can release pressing the power button.

5.  Then using the air mouse or regular PC mouse plugged into your ATV 495PRO box:  Select  "Apply update from EXT" in the Android Recovery Menu

6.  "Update from Micro SDcard"

7.  You should be able to see Android doing it's thing verifying and installing the firmware which should take about 5-6 minutes once it goes back to the MyGica launcher.  Do not unplugged the power during or after the update for at least 10-15 minutes.

5 hours ago, Job said:

You mention 495x pro

I have a 495x  HDR.

Will this update work?

Yes, its the same procedure, just make sure you have the correct version of the firmware for the ATV 495X HDR listed below.

MyGica put the wrong model numbers in their instruction,  it was not me !