Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pitmaster

"out of storage.." problem on ATV1200 and 400...

Hi

This is my first post.

I have 2 consoles, 1200 and 400, and have XBMC Frodo on both. They are working ok most of the time when i'm watching TV shows (or shorter files), but with movies i have the same problem on both consoles. Almost every time after about an hour of watching i have noticed a small message on the bottom right of the screen "storage space is running out" and few minutes later the file stops playing and everything freezes - i have to restart the console (by disconnecting it from the power supply because remotes are not working). I don't understand how console can be "out of storage space" when i'm watching the stream...

Since i'm not very technical person, can you please help and let me know if there is a way to avoid those problems. I'm apologizing for my poor English, but i hope you can understand me.

Regards

*** Forbidden. Please enable JavaScript. Request number a09bef8bed0a489b894eabf3b75bdf12. Antispam service cleantalk.org. ***

Hi

This is my first post.

I have 2 consoles, 1200 and 400, and have XBMC Frodo on both. They are working ok most of the time when i'm watching TV shows (or shorter files), but with movies i have the same problem on both consoles. Almost every time after about an hour of watching i have noticed a small message on the bottom right of the screen "storage space is running out" and few minutes later the file stops playing and everything freezes - i have to restart the console (by disconnecting it from the power supply because remotes are not working). I don't understand how console can be "out of storage space" when i'm watching the stream...

Since i'm not very technical person, can you please help and let me know if there is a way to avoid those problems. I'm apologizing for my poor English, but i hope you can understand me.

Regards

*** Forbidden. Please enable JavaScript. Request number a09bef8bed0a489b894eabf3b75bdf12. Antispam service cleantalk.org. ***

Can you go into Settings, and Storage.

And let me know how much remaining storage you have?

Thank you for your reply

I checked the ATV 1200 and here are the numbers:

Internal storage:

Total space: 1.3 GB

Available: 1.07 GB

Internal SD CARD

Total space: 894 MB

Apps (app data & media content): 746 MB...

Available: 143 MB

On 1200 i have only 11 add-ons (XMBC)…on 400 console the numbers for available storage are similar (although i have much more add ons - i purchased that console recently and didn't deleted the add-ons which i don't need).

I also have external SD cards on both consoles (16 GB), but that doesn't help much with the "out of storage" problem.

Thank you for your reply

I checked the ATV 1200 and here are the numbers:

Internal storage:

Total space: 1.3 GB

Available: 1.07 GB

Internal SD CARD

Total space: 894 MB

Apps (app data & media content): 746 MB...

Available: 143 MB

On 1200 i have only 11 add-ons (XMBC)…on 400 console the numbers for available storage are similar (although i have much more add ons - i purchased that console recently and didn't deleted the add-ons which i don't need).

I also have external SD cards on both consoles (16 GB), but that doesn't help much with the "out of storage" problem.

Did you install a lot of Android Apps recently? Or download some APK's?