Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wa4zlw

HD Cap XII Windows 10 drivers

HD Cap XII Windows 10 drivers

I recently received this last week (end of june 2021).

I finally got the driver downloaded from the mygica site (and also the Geniatech folks sent it to me directly) and the same results as everyone else here:

1. Driver installed in device manager says Roxio

2. Adding a video capture source shows an ITC 9910 filter. If you use this, it old seems to select standard definition but nothing still comes in from HDMI

I have a working relationship with geniatech and hopefully they will respond to me tonight Eastern time.

Also, the power adapter was with a two pin UK/European plug not a US plug. I ordered an adapter from Amazon that works.

The micro usb connector is what should be connected to the PC. The USB-A connector goes to a USB drive.

That's what I have as of now (7/4/21 - 4:15 PM EDT)

Leon

so far they checked some things and sent me firmware for the box but it does not upgrade. waiting on their response.

tried another laptop on older Windows 10 and got same results.

Leon

Ok I put the firmware on a different USB stick and did a hardware format and it upgraded. I found that the Geniatech STB we're using does not support HDCP. I googled and found that if you use a HDMI splitter then things work as the HDCP gets stripped out. It seems not all HDMI splitters do this. I ordered off Amazon a U9LTD model VHD-1X2MN3D. There was a newer version but delivery time was longer as I needed to test so I had this one two days later. Put the splitter in between the HDMI source and the HD Cap-XII. Then the driver will start to work and you'll see stuff in preview.

please note the driver/OBS is still reporting SD (720x480 as well as a smaller res) BUT it is capturing in HD as long as you supply it. The driver also still doesn't have any formats to display except I think it's any and one component one. But again it's working.

The folks in China are going to attempt to debug why the driver is not reporting the correct resolutions etc.

Stay tuned.