Sign in to follow this  
Ryandp

ATV 1960 - Windvine L3

ATV 1960 - Windvine L3

Hi All, 

I've had the most horrible experience with this product so far, so before I give up completely I'd like to get the advice of more experienced users. 

Netflix is running at SD quality on no matter what version i use. Despite having a 50/50mbps line. Have tried an ethernet connection as well. Was told that a device categorized by Windvine as L3 will never play 4k content. 

Firmware: I've been told that there isn't a firmware update, Im on 6.0.1

I'm just looking for the capability to view 4k content, as advertised by MYGICA. 

Is there something that i can do about this? Software i can download to fix any of the issues mentioned above? 

Thanks, 

Ryan

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ryandp said:

ATV 1960 - Windvine L3

Hi All, 

I've had the most horrible experience with this product so far, so before I give up completely I'd like to get the advice of more experienced users. 

Netflix is running at SD quality on no matter what version i use. Despite having a 50/50mbps line. Have tried an ethernet connection as well. Was told that a device categorized by Windvine as L3 will never play 4k content. 

I'm just looking for the capability to view 4k content, as advertised by MYGICA. 

Is there something that i can do about this? Software i can download to fix any of the issues mentioned above? 

Thanks, 

Ryan

Sorry meant Widevine L3 not Windvine.

Well, as far as I know, you can only watch Netflix in HD in google certified devices and Mygica ATV1960 is not. By other way and after almost five years dealing with this product, I can tell you that this device can't handle 4K content because it's hardware capabilities and overheat. If you play 4K content on it, image turns slow with lags and after a while it freezes. I recommed you a device with at least 4 GB RAM. 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:21 PM, Ryandp said:

ATV 1960 - Windvine L3

Hi All, 

Thanks, 

Ryan

Just two little updates:

1- ATV1960 it's only fast ethernet 10/100 so it will neved could handle more than 100 Mbps in your ethernet or Wifi.

2- ATV1960 can't handle resolutions beyond 1080p.

It took me all this years to verify it, but recently i switch from adsl to optic fiber and surprise! I found out these lies from Mygica about this box.

Edited by obi wan kenobi