Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spam2580

bbc/itv iplayer

Hi,

I use an ATV585.

I use a vpn to access bbc and itv iplayers. I can see both main screens but when it comes to playback I have no picture only sound. Both sites say I need adobe flash 11 and above.

My manual says that version 11 is supported. How can I find out what version is installed on my unit ?

Thanks

Steve Roberts

Hi,

Thanks guys for the help, however neither options worked.

Maybe I didn't explain properly, it is only bbc and itv, all other apps. i.e crackle work fine.

Whether I use the browser or the player apps. neither work, no picture only sound.

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

Thanks guys for the help, however neither options worked.

Maybe I didn't explain properly, it is only bbc and itv, all other apps. i.e crackle work fine.

Whether I use the browser or the player apps. neither work, no picture only sound.

Thanks

Steve

BBC and ITV as apps, as far as I know require a UK VPN to use them.

Hi Justin,

You are quit correct. I use Hola, which works on all my other devices.

I know Hola is working on the ATV585 as it lets me see the programmes available.

If the VPN was not working I would get no sound as it would tell me the programme is not available in my region.

The fault clearly lies with the ATV585.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Justin,

You are quit correct. I use Hola, which works on all my other devices.

I know Hola is working on the ATV585 as it lets me see the programmes available.

If the VPN was not working I would get no sound as it would tell me the programme is not available in my region.

The fault clearly lies with the ATV585.

Thanks

Steve

Sorry just confused by your post.

Your saying the VPN Hola works great on yourrr ATV 585 or it doesnt?

Hi,

Because I can get sound it means that Hola is working i.e.it has got access to the site. It is only when I play a programme I have a problem.

If Hola was not working the site would tell me that it is not available in my region.

Steve

Hi,

As you couldn't assist me with the issue of Hola, I have started using Unlocator as my VPN and it still does not work.

Can you please answer my question of the 16th January regarding the flash player. I need to know if flash player 11 is on the ATV 585 ?

I am also using an ATV 520E and I have no problems playing both the ITV and BBC sites.

Is flash 11 is supported on my ATV 585?

Could the unit be faulty ?, and if so should I return it under the warranty ?

Regards

Steve

Hi,

As you couldn't assist me with the issue of Hola, I have started using Unlocator as my VPN and it still does not work.

Can you please answer my question of the 16th January regarding the flash player. I need to know if flash player 11 is on the ATV 585 ?

I am also using an ATV 520E and I have no problems playing both the ITV and BBC sites.

Is flash 11 is supported on my ATV 585?

Could the unit be faulty ?, and if so should I return it under the warranty ?

Regards

Steve

Android stopped supporting Flash after 4.3. Adobe forced them to remove it.

Hi Justin,

ATV 520e has flash , and it works. The specs. for the ATV 585 says it has flash player 11.

Surely there must be a way of installing flash on it ?

Steve

Hi Justin,

Can I downgrade my ATV 585 to Android 4.2 , as I need flash player for some apps.

Dolphin works fine for most of the apps I access via the browser, but when I need to go directly from the app. I do not have flash, hence they do not work.

Thanks

Steve

@spam2580

There is no way to downgrade to 4.2 - why dont you download flash player for android?

Check on XDA forum and check if you can obtain Dolphin Browser and the modded flash.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone trying to help.

The frustrating thing is that it works 100% on my ATV 520E but it doesn't on the ATV 585. The boxes are connected to separate tv's.

BBC iplayer has never worked for me on the ATV582 or 1800 via the application.

Sounds like a video codec needs to be fixed as it works on another box of mine that's not Mygica.

I posted elsewhere in the forum before I seen this string - are there any updates on how to get flash player working on a 582 to enable UK tv to stream - VPN is set and geolocation is not an issue - the flash players for Android in the google store have bad reviews!

Flash stopped being supported on Android after Android 4.2

ATV 520E uses Android 4.2

ATV 585 uses Android 4.4

Most app and web developers are now moving to HTML 5 instead of Flash, since Flash made a bad business decision basically to not license Mobile/Tablet OS to work with Flash for a low cost for licensing.

I would not be surprised to see BBC Player switching to HTML 5 soon.