Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Job

ATV495X HDR android 6.0 tv Box I am trying to upgrade my system but it does not matter what I do it will not upgrade. I have had it for a few years and it never would let me upgrade. I figured by now there has to be one available. I downloaded the lates

ATV495X HDR android 6.0 tv Box I am trying to upgrade my system but it does not matter what I do it will not upgrade. I have had it for a few years and it never would let me upgrade. I figured by now there has to be one available. I downloaded the lates

ATV495X HDR android 6.0 tv Box

I am trying to upgrade my system but it does not matter what I do it will not upgrade. I have had it for a few years and it never would let me upgrade. I figured by now there has to be one available. 

I downloaded the latest firmware on to my laptop and ethernet it to My Gica put it will not allow me upgrade it.

What have I been doing wrong all these years.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thank you I never found that in my search. I have a ATV495X HDR. Does this work as it is a HDR? I do not know much about technology.

11 hours ago, Job said:

Thank you I never found that in my search. I have a ATV495X HDR. Does this work as it is a HDR? I do not know much about technology.

I am not sure since .  Look in the Downloads section (top of forums) to see what model matches your unit and perhaps Google search to see exactly what you can use, but my point is that you need to use the SD card process.  Good luck.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:04 AM, Job said:

Ok thank you when I read it I was shocked by SD card. I never knew that. I learn something new everyday. 

Did you flash it successfully ?

I would not flash it from the stock Android 6.0.1 to Android 7.1.2 if MyGica has not release the AML version of the firmware.

I can speak from experience with 6x ATV 495PRO HDR in my possession that I have 2x boxes brick due to upgrading this firmware via the micro SD Card method.  Two bricks out of six is a not a good record !