Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zee511

ATV 495 Max freezing.

ATV 495 Max freezing.

Please help. My ATV 495 Max freezes on YouTube.  I have to restart the box every time.   It’s also doesn’t play a whole bunch of movies on Netflix. I’ve updated the firmware. I’ve reinstalled Netflix and YouTube and still nothing. Is this thing now a DEADHORSE 😡

I use fibre and everything else works fine.  Its literally only YouTube and Netflix that gives issues.

I removed the latest update on YouTube and i managed to watch some vids on YouTube last night and it seems to work ok now.  Lets see for how long

Netflix, well that story is  for another day.

I cant believe that no response from the Migica Support team.  LOL.  Perhaps Black Friday will be the jump to a new product, for sure!!!!.  Im done with this crap product!!!!

• Apple TV 4K
  • Xiaomi Mi TV Box S Media Player
  • SKYWORTH LEAP S1 - ANDROID TV BOX

The best is that the firmware is avail for download, but how do you apply it to the device?

So if I wanted to, the support doc mentions not to extract the ZIP file, but merely uses it as is. There is not even a method/hardware solution like a USB port to copy it to the device.

My suspicion is has something to do with Cache since it hangs most of the time when an Ad is about to start.

I have started a process to test it:

Restart the device, Settings, Apps, Clear Cache, Clear Data, Shutdown.

Then turn it back on and try once more: same situation.

It's about time that support reads these type feedback and give input.

I have seen international hardware companies getting sold and once that happened, the post-sale support was never the same. Support is still King till today.