Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EdT586

Wi-Fi Speeds Fluctuating

Wi-Fi Speeds Fluctuating

Anyone notice their WiFi speeds/bandwidth throughput fluctuating with these MyGica ATV 495 series boxes ?

I first thought it was just one of my boxes,  but then I got the same issue with three other ATV 495PRO HDR boxes with stock 6.0.1 and  7.1.2 v1.0, 7.1.2 v1.2 and even custom firmwares as well.

I would get full download and upload speeds once I flash the firmware,  but then over a few hours it would be at half the designated speeds until it is down to like a crawl at 0.35Mbps down/up.

I thought it might be overheating issue so I unplugged the power adapter for a few hours to let it cool down,  but still I only get half the designated speeds.

I know it's not my router because I ran the test at the same location with my Minix U1, Minix U9 and Minix U22 and none of them has any speed drops.

I think I finally solved the mystery to why these MyGica 495 Series boxes are absolutely horrendous with WiFi throughput.  I have never seen any Android media player box in my over 10 years of experience in using them that has this issue.  Even using my 10 year old Minix NEO G4 stick I never had this issue.

With these MyGica ATV 495 Series boxes you can get a strong 100% WiFi signal which absolutely means nothing because the throughput can be almost 0.00Mbps ! It must has something to do with the Ampak AP6255 ac WiFi chip used in these boxes and the internal WiFi antenna placement in these series of boxes which I think is a monumental design flaw.

Placing your box just 1/2" every which way can mean 0.25Mbps or full 25.0Mbps download/upload throughput speeds, also try raising the box 1/4" can make such  detrimental difference in WiFi performance as well !  This was replicated on 3 separate MyGica ATV 495PRO HDR boxes with the same outcome.