Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robodonster

Itv player flash issues

Hello,

Is there anyway to get ITV Player with the build in browser to be able to watch video as everytime i try it the video bigins but it freezes afterwards, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for ATV1200..

Thanks

Don

Hello,

Is there anyway to get ITV Player with the build in browser to be able to watch video as everytime i try it the video bigins but it freezes afterwards, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for ATV1200..

Thanks

Don

ITV Player requires a UK IP address to work.

Are you located in the UK?

I am also in Canada and have a 582 - I set up my PIA / VPN to UK and although it connects ok to the UK "local" splash pages I cannot get the video content to play - I know its because I require Adobe Flash Player but the ones in the Google Store have crap reviews. Can anyone assist with a remedy?

I Posted this in another thread.

Flash stopped being supported on Android after Android 4.2

ATV 1200 uses Android 4.2

ATV 585/1800/380/582 uses Android 4.4

Most app and web developers are now moving to HTML 5 instead of Flash, since Flash made a bad business decision basically to not license Mobile/Tablet OS to work with Flash for a low cost for licensing.

HTML 5 has also been proven to be much better then Flash in terms of Resource usage.

I would not be surprised to see BBC Player switching to HTML 5 soon.

Thx Justin. If you ever get notification of the BBC change then please post update.

Will do

In the meantime if anybody has any other suggestion, please post them