Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

telemakos

No security settings?

Hello everyone,

is there a way to access/activate android security settings like a lock screen with a pin code (as in most phones)? I could not find those settings in my ATV1200. If not, is there any third-party app from the play store that I can use?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

is there a way to access/activate android security settings like a lock screen with a pin code (as in most phones)? I could not find those settings in my ATV1200. If not, is there any third-party app from the play store that I can use?

Thanks!

We removed these settings from our version of Android OS.

If you are looking to lock apps. I found this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n.ps&hl=en

Or were you looking to lock the box? Not sure if there is an app for this.

No, I'd like to have a pin code whenever I start my box to protect my Google account etc. Is there any way to re-enable this function?

No there is no way to re-enable this function on the OS. You would have to find an app for this.

Hello,

I have spent hours now trying to install the downloaded  Kodi on my 1200 with 4.1.2, I received a parse error. first I through it's the problem with my kodi file.

I came across a video where the guy specifically tells to check the Security Tab and check the :unknown source" checkbox selected...now, how can I possibly change it if the Security tab under personal is not even available under the Settings tab...pretty frustrated, please help.

Also, if you could throw me the direct link for the upgrades from 4.1.2 to 4.2, it would be great...but highly unlikely i'll go through that ordeal of upgrading the android version. SD card era has left us (meh).

14 hours ago, mash said:

Hello,

I have spent hours now trying to install the downloaded  Kodi on my 1200 with 4.1.2, I received a parse error. first I through it's the problem with my kodi file.

I came across a video where the guy specifically tells to check the Security Tab and check the :unknown source" checkbox selected...now, how can I possibly change it if the Security tab under personal is not even available under the Settings tab...pretty frustrated, please help.

Also, if you could throw me the direct link for the upgrades from 4.1.2 to 4.2, it would be great...but highly unlikely i'll go through that ordeal of upgrading the android version. SD card era has left us (meh).

You are getting a parsing error because the newest version of Kodi only works on Android 5+

The 1200 runs Android 4.1 and 4.2.
So even upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2 won't help in this situation.