Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k4kman

Newbie Firmware update questions

As a newbie I have a working ATV 1800e but thought some of the things in the latest firmware sounded like it might help me.

I looks a bit but can't find this info but if I missed it please just point to it.

How do you confirm what firmware is currently on your unit?

What is the best way to backup everything just in case? seems their is a backup in Kodi also there is a backup already on the android part of the box

what happens if you are already running Kodi 14.1? you see somehow I have loaded Kodi but also have the old version on the box seems if I hit the XMBC button on the remote another copy of Kodi opens without all my stuff.

last can someone point me to step by step instructions or help on updating the firmware. Info on how to use upgrade app and or Recovery Mode

Thanks in advance for the help on these forms

system info -hardware u see ur build version or home app-settings go to display and look there ......as ur back up ur system set usb as extturnal storage then use apprestore/back-up is how i back up my apps n data settings......as for kodi i had same problem today i upgraded new july beta 1800e but kodi would not install as there was one already on system same etc...i had settings backed up as i upgraded firmware so i deleted kodi n then got kodi isengruard15 its all fixed now hope this helps