Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Straightliner

Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive

Former WDTV Live user. I need to be able to map my network drives, because I download movies and without the drive mapped the computer can't see the location and therefore won't save the file. My Android box sees the external hard drives plugged into it but the network on the computer does not see the Mygica box and that's why I can't MAP it. Please advise.

Thanks

Android does not have native SMB file sharing server or client functionality  You have to use apps for that.

To map your Android storage to be accessible on a PC as a network drive, you have to install an SMB/Samba Server Android app, which may require root privilege.

To map your PC storage to be accessible on the Android box, you have to install an SMB/Samba Client app.

You can also manually copy files between your Android box and PC using apps that support SMB (e.g., File Manager HD).

You just need the Android app because Windows PC has native SMB file sharing functionality.

You may be able to just download your movies directly on the Android box, instead of on the PC.