Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plazma99

Upgrading the new firmware question

When you already have kodi 14.1 installed and you do the upgrade will you lose all the kodi apps you have installed on it like for example Genesis?

If you have KODI 14.0 or 14.1 installed before taking this update, you will have to either CLEAR DATA under Manage Apps, and re setup KODI, or you can do a Factory reset and it will re-install.

does clearing this data take all the apps you have installed out

When you already have kodi 14.1 installed and you do the upgrade will you lose all the kodi apps you have installed on it like for example Genesis?

If you have KODI 14.0 or 14.1 installed before taking this update, you will have to either CLEAR DATA under Manage Apps, and re setup KODI, or you can do a Factory reset and it will re-install.

Yes, if you do a FACTORY RESET you will loose all your plugin setups.

Go into Programs and select a plugin called Backup. Configure is to use all of the backups except the last two custom boxes. Give it a path to a USB thumb drive or a SD card. Then schedule a weekly backup and tell it how many backups to save (I always save 4).

Now run the plugin and select Backup. It will backup your whole setup to a USB drive. Now when you do a firmware upgrade you just have to reinstall the Backup plugin and then restore your latest backup and your back in business.

I hope this helps. :)

Yes, if you do a FACTORY RESET you will loose all your plugin setups.

Go into Programs and select a plugin called Backup. Configure is to use all of the backups except the last two custom boxes. Give it a path to a USB thumb drive or a SD card. Then schedule a weekly backup and tell it how many backups to save (I always save 4).

Now run the plugin and select Backup. It will backup your whole setup to a USB drive. Now when you do a firmware upgrade you just have to reinstall the Backup plugin and then restore your latest backup and your back in business.

I hope this helps. :)

With Backup can be save all the apps and addons installed before a factory reset, and restore all after the firmware update?

Backup>firmware update with wipe data, cache, data and media or cache and data>restore?

Yes, after you flash firmware just go back into Kodi/programme. Reinstall Backup,setup backup again,then restore your backup,reboot kodi, back in business.

As for your Android apps, Kodi backup will not save those. You need to use app backup tool (included)to back those up.

ive tried this backup / restore multiple time with no luck. can someone pleeeese give me more basic step by step direction so i dont have to re-load everything.. this is really getting to be retarded for me.. sorry and thanks for all the help ... :shock:

ive tried this backup / restore multiple time with no luck. can someone pleeeese give me more basic step by step direction so i dont have to re-load everything.. this is really getting to be retarded for me.. sorry and thanks for all the help ... :shock:

I can't make it anymore BASIC than I have described. It really isn't that complicated.

1/ install plugin called backup

2/ configure a path to where you would like to save your backup.

3/ backup your data.

4/ flash firmware.

5/ reinstall plugin called backup

6/configure the path to where you saved your backup.

7/ restore your backup

8/ done.

Remember that there are also open hardware initiatives out there as well with very much the same principles as the software. Go into Programs and select a plugin called Backup. Configure is to use all of the backups except the last two custom boxes.