Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murph

ATV 1800e, is this a software issue? or just junk?

I bought an ATV 1800 a few weeks ago, i still have not been able to use it for any length on time without it playing video at a slow mo rate, i would say maybe 1/3 of normal. I have called the hekpdesk and they say its not hardware.. I have changed cables, all the display settings that i saw listed, etc, etc.. i even brought the box to a friends house and it does the same. update firmware twice, per instructions to the latest release .it does the same on kodi or on youtube...I contacted the seller but have gotten one response saying its not hardware, and to call helpdesk..I have spent countless hours on this thing .. Can anyone please help?

You are partially correct. The box is okay. We were all misled by the new March 21st firmware "Upgrade". It was a useless piece of junk upgrade. Yet someone stated " It has been thoroughly tested".

Perhaps that person needs to be re-trained. As well, who ever put out that firmware version should be terminated.

Putting out a flawed product leads to product frustration and lack of trust by all Mygica owner's.

Now, they have to put out another version to correct the flaw's this one has.

What a joke!

thanks for the reply !!!! this same issue has been happening on this box since ive had it however, any suggestions on how to fix it?

For me the March 31st update works great except for the 1080p black screen issue. For that I hold the power button, that brings a menu that says standby and reboot. Then you press down about 3 times and that selects reboot. Then hit OK and that reboots the box and then everything works perfect at 1080p 60hz.

Like I said this is the only issue I get with this firmware and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Maybe if you guys are having other issues you didn't do a clean upgrade, wiping and resetting the box before upgrading.

I did a factory reset, then installed Nov update and then March update after that... It still plays video ( from Kodi or YouTube, any streaming video) in slow mo, like at 1/3 or 1/2 regular speed ... I still cannot fix it- not my hardware( modem, router ) as other devices work fine... Has to be something in the Atv 1800

The instructions said you did not have to do a Fresh Install if you were on the November Firmware!

If this March Firmware was "Thoroughly Tested", why are so many people having the "black screen issue", no Google Play Store, no Kodi load, among all the other "issues"?

I just did factory, then nov then March- I have the same issue with slow playback but not limited to kodi, anything that streams. Anyone else have this?

Hate to say it, but, I updated 3 days ago and everything is working OK. My Speed is 25.02 on a 25 package. Upload 10.5 on a 10.0. The only problem I have is when I go into standby I have to repower the device to get the video @ 1080P 60Hz. Minor irritation that I expect will be rectified soon.

Man, i am happy for you! - wish I could say the same :) is it possible that this unit is just a pos? I have tried everything I have read , upgraded everything I could and still all plays is slow motion ,..sometimes it may play normally for a bit then bang- does it again, slow mo..

I also have no issues. In fact this upgrade has been the best so far. I get full internet speed, no video issues and Kodi 14.2 is streaming better than ever.

I completed the update but the version still shows 11-14 and XBMC. There has been no change to show Kodi. Also, when turning on I get a black screen and then have to upplug the box and plug it back in to get it to work. Hope there is a new firmware soon that fixes all of this.

I completed the update but the version still shows 11-14 and XBMC. There has been no change to show Kodi. Also, when turning on I get a black screen and then have to upplug the box and plug it back in to get it to work. Hope there is a new firmware soon that fixes all of this.