Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xxboarderxx

Resolution not supported...

Hi Guys,

I have the latest firmware and a Samsung Smart TV.

I've seen this problem come up before in older posts on the same firmware but I am not sure I found a post with a solution.

This is happening more and more frequently now it appears. In the last week I've had to unplug the box 10x to get it to reboot and "display" the proper 1080p 60 hz resolution. I've tried having it auto detect and leave it on manual mode too. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is the only solution an updated firmware?

Thanks

X

try rebooting without unplugging (multiple times if necessary, as before)

does it still clear the issue as before?

it may be that there is a hardware fail that clears by a power cycle

if you have to power cycle, leave unplugged for 30 seconds or more each time

also try rebooting with hdmi cable disconnected and connect after boot

have you tried another tv, or another hdmi connector on same tv, or computer monitor with hdmi input?

also try another hdmi cable (there is handshaking going on between a video player and tv at connect time)

try rebooting without unplugging (multiple times if necessary, as before)

does it still clear the issue as before?

it may be that there is a hardware fail that clears by a power cycle

if you have to power cycle, leave unplugged for 30 seconds or more each time

also try rebooting with hdmi cable disconnected and connect after boot

have you tried another tv, or another hdmi connector on same tv, or computer monitor with hdmi input?

also try another hdmi cable (there is handshaking going on between a video player and tv at connect time)

Sorry my original post was a bit misleading. I meant to say that it has happened 10x and I had to unplug it each time and have it reboot to fix the problem. Yes I've tried two other HDMI cables and it might not happen right away but eventually it happens.

I only have two TVs in the house and have tried it on both. In any case, this type of thing shouldn't be happening...