Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jsotola

new atv1800e ... netflix has very low birate

netflix video is of very low resolution on this unit

i played the "test pattern" video from netflix

the video is 10 minutes in duration

it displays the bit rate and screen resolution as part of the video

the atv1800e attained the rate of 850 kbps on wired ethernet and 1850 kbps on wifi

my laptop attains 3000 kbps and a sony blueray player gets 3000+ kbps on the same ethernet cable as the atv1800e

my internet connections is provided by telus at around 10 Mbps using an Actiontec V100H router

something is limiting the throughput of the atv1800e

any ideas?

update ...

i did bunch of research

netflix caps bitrate on most android devices, here is a link

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23938#netflix-in-hd

so MyGica will not get any better than 720x480 (1750 kbps)

from my reasearch, it appears that the device manufacturer has to pay a fee to have HD enabled (i could not verify if this is true)

HEY MyGica MANUFACTURER !!!! WE WANT HD ON NETFLIX

i contacted netflix support and spoke to a helpdesk supervisor and i requested that they file a complaint about the bitrate cap

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if any of you reading this have netflix, please play the "test video" and reply here if you get anything better that 1750 kbps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also please, please, please file a complaint with netflix about the bitrate cap