Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BatJoe

I'm going with a G BOX Q

After having the ATV380 for several months and running the March firmware no matter what version of Kodi I use I continue to have issues with performance, crashing, freezing - having to hard wire restart my box.

So I've loaded back the November firmware and put back XBMC and at least it is working now, minus the good things in the ATV380 firmware like speedier interface and better Wi-Fi performance.

I've decided to get a G BOX Q until MyGica can get these issues sorted on their boxes. They've known about these issues and more for many months now and have done nothing. What's the point of OTA feature if you aren't even going to use it? The ATV380 is going into storage for now.

Matricom seems to have more support and more beta/stable releases so we'll see how it works. I know the G BOX Q will in the end be better than the ATV380 by default as it has 802.11AC Dual Band and more RAM/storage.

As someone who has/had 8 Gbox Qs, I would recommend NOT getting one. If you think issues and lack of support is not good here, your going from the frying pan to the fire with Matricom, just take a look at the Gbox forums and see for your self. My last box, that I purchased in Feb suddenly froze and would only boot in a loop to the recovery screen, It wouldn't recognize any sd cards or usb media, so no way to reload firmware; one day after they released their latest firmware. Their stellar support staff told me to reload or revert to a previous version of firmware, and the support ended there. Just have a look at all the issues they have with wifi and Ethernet that have been going on since the release of the box last December. I would seriously consider other options before settling on Matricom. Just offering an experienced opinion. Good luck.