Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OurGica

WOW, is this real?

Literally nothing seems to work on this thing. I bought one to bring home so I could kick the tires, since I sell them in my store.... Or at least I sell them for the moment. After this experience, I'm not sure.

Netflix, open it, in 2 seconds it closes.

Tried to install Chrome, no dice, it just sits there, you can try to "click" til the cows come home, nothing.

Can't seem to play media from my home network,

Tried to open Youtube, says new version needs to be downloaded. Cool, I hit it to download, nothing, just sits there.

No choice to use Optical audio out in the settings, have it connected, no sound..... HDMI works, but I can't use my sound bar.

Since I have little experience with this thing, I am willing to allow that there are things I might be doing wrong, but nothing is working on this box at all. No system upgrade to be had, and I did the factory reset already.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I had some of the same problems with the one I just purchased.... but sounds like you are having more issues.

Netflix - You need to install the latest version from Play Store and is should work after that. However, you may have a audio sync problem, which I still do.

Optical output - there is a setting to change it, however I don't think it is not well placed or identified and I overlooked it. The default is for hdmi sound and not optical. There is a setup icon for the device, it is not the Android setup, where you will find a "display" tab. At the bottom of the screen after "CEC" settings there a setting for changing the sound output. I'm going by memory and I think there are three settings, one is pass through, another for hdmi and then one of optical. Select the optical one. Another reason I missed it is because I didn't even look for it, since I have an ATV1200 also and it outputs both hdmi and optical simultaneously, however the ATV1800 doesn't.

There are some beta firmware updates on this site, which are supposed to fix some of the issues users are having.... however the reviews are mixed on whether they work or not. So, I'm waiting till a confirmed fix is released until I reflash the firmware. The unit I have is not having as many problems as others are having, so I don't want to make it worse.

I think that MyGica has dropped the ball big time on the latest firmware which is installed in new units and is available to download here. From what I have read, all the problems started with the March firmware release. It is also taking far too long to resolve these issues and many are just returning the boxes, reverting to an older firmware version, or just giving up and buying something else. My ATV1200 works much better than my new ATV1800e, so I have some faith that MyGica will fix it..... but it is taking way too long!

Here is a link to my first impressions of the ATV1800e:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2923

Good luck!

FBN