Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cosmo

1800e vs q box or other??

hey all.

so iam thinking about purchasing another box. 1800e. but the issue is the lack of support from mygica. i have read many posts on how bad mygica wants our money but could care less about the problems and its updates. so i have a 1800e box and it been working with no major problems. only issues i do have is the sync of audio is sometimes off and the box often blacks out or freezes n reboots while in xbmc. no issues with netflix or mobdro though.

i have read the forums on the q box its seems exactly the same as the 1800e but has updates n support. seems legit.

with that being said has any members had any issues with the qbox and what are the pros n cons. would you buy one or another 1800e. is there another box that could compare to these to thats reputable and some what hassle free.

i love the 1800 box i have its great but after reading tons of reviews i just dont understand why mygica would not offer continuous support.

as a customer that puts red flags up and leaves me questioning the company's future.

with all that being said i like to hear ur input n thoughts. thanks for taking the time to read this n cheers.

ALL android boxes have some sort of bug(s) or firmware issue(s). Android is making news with stagefright vulnerability, days later more security flaws discovered effecting 55% android devices (http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/androi ... cking.html). To expect any android box to be 100% perfect is not realistic and not practical thinking.

each component has its drivers ie. wifi, processor etc.

each application has new updates ie. kodi, youtube etc

android os releases updates for security, glitches etc

MyGica gets all the updates from the above examples and packages it into a firmware. This task is not fast with all the constant changes happening.

If your having problems with XBMC, why not use Android Version of Kodi 15 from Google Playstore? If your using XBMC still this means your using a old firmware since ATV 1800e been running couple for months!!! Alternatively if your using KODI only you could use Openelec version which now works on ATV 1800e. The bottom line you have options....