Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theplunger

Need a Hevc (x265) friendly small all in one box

I'm looking for a box that does the things below. It doesn't have to be the model I'm posting this one.

1. Must play well with Kodi using Hevc (x265) at 1080p and 720p. I can care less about 4k and above. Hevc is a small file size, and I hope more start using it. (ARM chipset is what can do this from what I hear.)

2. Must play well with Kodi using AVI with codecs Xvid and Divx in addition to what I need from the above sentence..

3. Must play well with kodi using the following file types MP4, AVI, MKV

4. Must play well with very large hard drives. Like a 3 or 4 TB. maybe more? (This is a must.)

5. Also keep in mind after the box is set up, it is going to a house with no internet. I've been using a program call, Tiny Media Manager to gather the meta data. I hope it works for Kodi, otherwise I've made a very bad mistake.

6. The box must have an analog RCA (Yellow, Red, White) out put. (Has to have this due to the TV that will be used) I know you're thinking, "why do you need it to play Hevc content, if it's not on a HD TV?" I do not want to convert files, and might get a HDTV one day. So, it has to have the HDMI out put as well.

I really don't think I'm asking for much. Hevc has been out for at least a little while now. Something has to play it with no issues. Xvid / Divx is an old codec and so many files use it. I've been readying for a few years off and on and these little box always seem to have one issue or another.

I know, answering this post will not be easy. I ask for only informed replies, please.

Thanks. Wink

MyGica doesn't have a box that is H265 capable and have composet out. There are HDMI to component converter cables but that won't get around HDCP encryption.