Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iatech204

Audio setup/issues latest Dec OTA update

I applied Dec OTA update and did a reset on ATV582. I do have Kodi 15.2 now but seeing some issues. when in Kodi and I press volume up/down on remote it also shows me Android audio bar. So I see 2 audio level bars when adjusting volume, one for Kodi itself and other for Android. Why is this happening ? I only want to see Kodi audio and this didnt happen in Kodi 14.2 and previous July 2015 firmware.

By default audio setting is set to 2.0. I changed that to 5.1 and Kodi started hanging. Video hanged and went out of sync with Audio? After a few tries audio completely went out and I had to reboot the device. In audio setting I changed it to autodetect, I changed and played with that and set to HDMI passthrough but setting audio to 5.1 hangs Kodi and sometimes out of sync audio/video ? What setting should I leave it at ?

How do I make it transmit surround 5.1 audio ? I dont think I am getting that and seems to be 2.0 audio. I do want to control volume from ATV582 remote

Same Issues here kodi 14.2 currently and every time i try and get my audio back even in kodi settings it freaks out. Mbox settings are HDMI in the box settings and Passthrough is in the Kodi settings everything is setup exactly the same as my old mygica 520E but now i have no audio at all on the box and cant get it back..

heading for the factory reset switch next.

ok not sure why but there is one setting in kodi 14.2 and 15.2 either version with this Gica 582 box do not turn on up-convert stereo (setting just below where you chose 5.1 / 7.1 etc... if it is on in kodi no matter what your other settings are it mutes the box turn this off and reboot the box to fix. Not sure why as its a perfectly good working setting on the 520E but turn it off and you should have sound again and 5.1 / 7.1 on those media files that support it everything else is in Stereo tho just have to live with it till they figure out the hardware problem with this. i do believe its something to do with how kodi is sending audio to "andriod" rather then getting full control of the HDMI port. Very tempted to return to Canada computers where i got it today and get the 380 instead as its reportedly working fine with the HDMI control with Kodi.