Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gadget

How to Convert ATV586 HDMI output to DVI Monitor?

I just purchased the ATV 586 for use in my Garage. My intent was to use a DVI input on a standard PC Monitor for the Display.

Seems Simple just purchase a HDMI to DVI adapter along with a signal splitter to strip the audio from the HDMI and everything's Peachy. Gamers do it all the time for Xbox and Nintendo.

Except The ATV586 won't handshake with any of my computer monitors new or old. I have two converters from two different companies with the same result Black screen or "no signal detected".

I've tried turning off the automatic detection in setup and setting the resolution manually. But this little box is giving me no love.

So anybody have any ideas? Software configuration or such. I'm open to ideas. Hopefully cheap ones because this little project wasn't supposed to bust the piggy bank.

Thx.

Hello,

First you have to be sure that the Monitors have a Digital DVI input (there are Analogic and Digital DVI's), and be sure that the HDMI2DVI converters are compatible with the monitors (again it is a matter of analogic/digital DVI)

Second, maybe the problem is related to the monitor resolution. The ATV586 when reboots defaults to 720p (no matter the settings you select). to change this, you have to modify some system files.

Check the discussions related to ATV586 display to non HDMI TV's (one opened by me), they are recent

Arturo

Already read them different problem.

Both of the monitors I used operate fine with Single link DVI-D input. The older of the two is LCD would likely need to have a script ran to set the resolution. But doesn't activate. The newer of the two is HDCP Compatible and works beautifully at 1080P 1920x1080.

DVI-A pretty much went out with CRT Montors. DVI-I is around but it is seldom used Usually you can find it on High quality video card outputs and it takes different types of cables to use it. It's very unlikely you will ever see DVI-I on the input to a monitor they generally are either digital or analog but not both.

I have 1 HDMI to single Link DVI-D gender bender and 1 HDMI to Dual LInk DVI-D Gender Bender and Neither work with the ATV586.

My HDMI cables are all high speed with Ethernet. I can't really say how good the cable is that was supplied with the ATV586.

My problem very likely lies with Either the HDCP handshake or the type of Color space the ATV586 is using.