Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webmaniac

cache full

Here let me try and explain. Whilst viewing (in my case Free TV Project) I am more frequently experiencing that the AVT582 has buffering issues. It buffers around 10%, then notifies that the cache is full, starts to play the movie and after ±10min stops and starts re-buffering. The re-buffering takes ages. I have a 32GB micro SD card, which is unused, apart form the using to install the latest updates. Is there a way to configure the AVT582 to use the SD for caching? Either from Android (preferred) or from XBMC (less preferred, but better than nothing)?

Maybe I should reformulate my question. How do I get into the MyGica, vi SSH or telnet to edit the advancedsettings.xml. Once I've edited what needs to be done. I'll post the fix for a too smaller cache here.

I've used an Andriod app to tell the AVT582 to use the SD as it's cache, but XBMC does not seem to use that.

I've edited the advancedsettings.xml, and increased the buffer to 50MB, but have not figured out how to get the XBMC to use the SD as it's cache buffer.

All in all it does not seem to have done much.