Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

van141

SD or SDHC and what size?

First of all I'd like to know what uses the SD card on mygica ATV1200 has. Is it just for installing and perhaps backups? How big a 'total' backup can be? Is 4GB size plenty and no use getting 8 or 16 GB?

Should I buy the smallest size I can get, which is 4GB? Also I can buy 'only' SDHC types, nobody is selling anymore SD type or 2GB size like you see in the video for upgrading. And I don't care about fishing for it in some obscure Chinese shop or paying a fortune for 'rare' item...

Also would like to ask if ATV1200 can use external drive 2.5" inside USB3 enclosure - and if it can play music from it. I plugged it in but it doesn't seem to show up in XBMC, not really familiar with Android, this is my first Android device ever.

And last question, on first boot there was this choice of Launcher or MyGica... I think I tried the MyGica choice and now the box boots into the bluish screen with tiles... I've seen in upgrading video some different 'desktop' which I suppose is Android OS. How you get into that now that I don't get to choose when booting? Which 'app' to use? And is it possible or complicated or advisable to boot directly into XBMC?

Thanks if somebody has answer to the slew of questions I have. :)