Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akirkham

New Firmware "fails"

Have a MyGica 582

Model Number Quad-Core Enjoy TV Box

Android Version 4.4.2

Kernal 3.10.33

Build V002M801_20141105

using file: update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR20_KR60.img on a SD card

Did a factory rest and then installed from external SD

Install / sdcard

Finding update package…

Opening update package…

Verifying update package…

Installing update package...

Assert failed: getprop(“ro.product.device”) == “stvmx” || getprop(“ro.build.products”) == “stvmx”

Install from sdcard complete.

What am I doing wrong?

I agree - this is for Android 4.2 Upgrade File with KODI 14.1 for ATV 1200 KR60, glad the firmware file has hardware checks built to match with the device ID.

Dont load it, if hardware checks werent enabled and your device ID was the same as the file you try to load via SD card method, you could have bricked your unit for good.

So with China holidays and a new Kodi 14.1 version, I doubt if we will see a new release for the quad core models soon. Justin has a Kodi 14.0 version of the firmware and I hope that he releases it if it takes too long for the engineers to bring 14.1.

....so on MyGica forum you navigate to:

--> Board index

--> MyGica Enjoy TV Box MyGica ATV 582/380 Quad Core 4K/2K HD Android OS Based Smart TV Box

--> Downloads

--> ATV 582 Firmware Files for Android 4.4

--> and then new firmware for dual cores

I am sorry, but what about that is intuitive that the file contained there can brick your box? You guys really need to look at the overall flow and layout. It should be easy to design a forum interface that is not this ambiguous. I understand that MyGica experts, with history may understand the "nuances" of the site...but really....lets make it a little less "high risk" and a little more user friendly. The quality of the software services(which is low), needs to match the quality of the hardware (which is high).

--> and then new firmware for dual cores

This is where the problem lies. You are clicking on an "Announcement" link rather than a "Topic" link. Once you are at ATV 582 Firmware Files for Android 4.4, you need to look below the "Announcements" section to the "Topics" section. The firmware files for the ATV582 are all there.

The "Announcements" section appears on almost all pages of the forum.

As stated by other members already, be careful about putting a firmware designed for a dual core device on your quad core device.

Happy Flashing ;)

DV