Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willits

Discrete IR codes

Are the IR codes available for the ATV1200? I am looking for discrete IR codes for power on and power off.

Thanks

The KR34 remote that comes with the ATV 1200, will power on and off the box already.

We would be unable to share the IR codes to you.

But can you please elaborate more as to why you need these? Since the factory remote that comes with the ATV 1200 already powers on and off the box?

Hi,

I use a programmable universal remote control. I have it programmed so that when I turn on the TV the remote sends a “power on” code to the TV, AV receiver and the device selected. So if the device is off it turns it on, if it is already on it does nothing. When turning the TV off the remote sends an IR code for “power off” to the receiver, DVD, etc. Again if the device is on it turns it off, if it is off it does nothing.

Sometimes if there is not direct IR code do this a workaround can be done, for example many DVD players will come on if play is pressed, so the on is a code for play and the off is play then the power on/off toggle.

Thanks

Hi,

I use a programmable universal remote control. I have it programmed so that when I turn on the TV the remote sends a “power on” code to the TV, AV receiver and the device selected. So if the device is off it turns it on, if it is already on it does nothing. When turning the TV off the remote sends an IR code for “power off” to the receiver, DVD, etc. Again if the device is on it turns it off, if it is off it does nothing.

Sometimes if there is not direct IR code do this a workaround can be done, for example many DVD players will come on if play is pressed, so the on is a code for play and the off is play then the power on/off toggle.

Thanks

Ok i get it.

Sorry but we would be unable to provide you with the IR code for what you want to do.

We would suggest to try and get a Self Learning Universal Remote to do what you want.

Thanks but a learning remote won't help as the "power on" and "power off" codes are not sent by the stock remote. The stock remote only sends the power on/off toggle.

Thanks but a learning remote won't help as the "power on" and "power off" codes are not sent by the stock remote. The stock remote only sends the power on/off toggle.

Ok

Sorry we couldn't help you with this.