Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tv_viewer

Credentials storage password reset

I was trying to use VPN with ATV1800e, it worked wonderfully when I first configured it. However, Android stores the VPN configuration in "Credential Storage", which requires to set up a password at the time of first use.

After a while, I forgot this password. Not a problem with standard Android, entering incorrect password 5 times erases the credential storage and resets the password. However, in MyGica ATV 1800 it still asks me for the credential storage password after that "reset" which was supposed to disable the password.

Now I need to reset that password somehow to be able to create the new VPN config, and I know no way of doing it. Any suggestions?

Edit: my firmware build is 20150321.

I was trying to use VPN with ATV1800e, it worked wonderfully when I first configured it. However, Android stores the VPN configuration in "Credential Storage", which requires to set up a password at the time of first use.

After a while, I forgot this password. Not a problem with standard Android, entering incorrect password 5 times erases the credential storage and resets the password. However, in MyGica ATV 1800 it still asks me for the credential storage password after that "reset" which was supposed to disable the password.

Now I need to reset that password somehow to be able to create the new VPN config, and I know no way of doing it. Any suggestions?

Edit: my firmware build is 20150321.

A simple factory reset will fix this issue.

I have the same problem with my 1900 pro.  In my case I never set up a password and I am just setting up the VPN now.  I've been locked out of the VPN settings it seems; whenever I put in a password the screen freezes (nothing happens).  A simple factory reset will mean I'll lose dozens of hours of work and trouble shooting that I've invested in the box.  Is there no other way to deal with this?

32 minutes ago, Alex777 said:

I have the same problem with my 1900 pro.  In my case I never set up a password and I am just setting up the VPN now.  I've been locked out of the VPN settings it seems; whenever I put in a password the screen freezes (nothing happens).  A simple factory reset will mean I'll lose dozens of hours of work and trouble shooting that I've invested in the box.  Is there no other way to deal with this?

If you are using a VPN app, then you can just go to the APPs section within Android settings, find the VPN app and then clear its data.