Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jhardy

upgraded to 1800e and worse problems FREEZING!

ON the advice of "Computer Rise" the computer company I deal with I upgraded from the Minix, which I was having little problems with to the MyGica ATV1800E. I was having problems, all kinds of problems from Freezing to re-booting etc. and was non -stop. After weeks of trying to get proper support from Computer Rise I raised Hell with him to give me a new box as there must be something wrong with this one. It took a while because I have never dealt with anyone so cheap and greedy who kept crying that he barely makes any money on this box and MyGica won't accept returns! So I had to threaten him that I was going to break the box over his head! and as he knows me he knew I was serious.

Once I installed the new box everything seemed to work fine, he had installed MAG on this one and it seemed to work really well, for about a week. Now i am back to close to where I was before. Did you ever try and watch something when it continually FREEZES?? After trying all his little fixes I had had enough and went up to his store and raised a lot of HELL and in front of his Customers! You see when someone screws me around I have an anger issue which has gotten me into a lot of trouble throughout my history. I have been charged with assault a few dozen times because of this and I just can't help it. I am the nicest guy in the world until you try to screw me. You see he didn't tell me to expect any of these problems when I bought the box. Plug it in and start watching movies and tv shows! Now he is trying to tell me that I am probably the only person around dealing with these problems?? No one else is having these problems? Which I know and see is not the case. so I spent the entire weekend recording to video everything I watch and how everything I watched froze, then played, then froze, then played and so on and so forth. Again on his advice I upgraded my Internet to unlimited Bandwidth and 100 Mbps, clearing my cache all the time and still have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am at my wits end with this thing. I am going to take the recordings I made of the freezing and I am going to his store this week on the busiest day I know he has and I am going to take every box with the MyGica sitting on his counter that he pushes and throw them into the parking lot. Then I am going to put my video on his big screen tv and show everyone exactly what it is like to watch tv on this box before they purchase one. Then I am going to force him to give me my money back. Then once I get out of Jail I am going to find out where MyGica is located and I am going to head there and have a little discussion with them! That is of course unless you can find a fix for my problem before this happens in the next few days! So far with all the upgrades it's cost me about $400.00 plus the upgrade of my Internet which is an extra $45.00 a month. And watching tv through this thing has frustrated me beyond limits and I do not want to spend my time FIXING THE FREAKING THING ALL THE TIME. I seriously hope we can come to a more beneficial solution for everyone. So hopefully sometime within the next 72 hours someone from MyGica will contact me with a solution to my problem. I hate to be like this at Christmas time but I hate even worse being screwed around it just makes me CRAZY!! I work hard and take a lot of risk to make the money I make and I am not one to spend it unwisely. So far this box has not been a good investment! I am sure MyGica has dealt with Computer Rise (Eli) so you can verify everything I am telling you with him.

Thank You

How about you try and include any technical information you have, other than the model number that's given, in order for the MyGica community to assist you Jean-Guy. Like the Firmware Level you're at, have you tried anything. I expect that by reading your rant, they may not wish to deal with you at all.

I'm running the Beta 5.0.2 Lollipop FW, with the Kodi Isengard App for the past 2 weeks, with few problems. Mostly remote control, but, I switched remotes and that worked OK. If you have a remote that works, search the forum for one that works with Lollipop.

Why don't you try a full erase and restore. Download FW from the site to an SD card, format it properly. Power off the device, no SD card, toothpick in the reset hole in back of the 1800E . Erase cache and FW, factory reset. Cycle the power and then insert the SD card and load from EXT, the sd card. Sit back it will take a few minutes.

***********Make sure you have a remote that works as the one that comes with it WON"T **************

I then deleted Kodi and installed the latest version from the Google Playstore, Loaded Fusion and choose to setup for MyGica.

ON the advice of "Computer Rise" the computer company I deal with I upgraded from the Minix, which I was having little problems with to the MyGica ATV1800E. I was having problems, all kinds of problems from Freezing to re-booting etc. and was non -stop. After weeks of trying to get proper support from Computer Rise I raised Hell with him to give me a new box as there must be something wrong with this one. It took a while because I have never dealt with anyone so cheap and greedy who kept crying that he barely makes any money on this box and MyGica won't accept returns! So I had to threaten him that I was going to break the box over his head! and as he knows me he knew I was serious.

Once I installed the new box everything seemed to work fine, he had installed MAG on this one and it seemed to work really well, for about a week. Now i am back to close to where I was before. Did you ever try and watch something when it continually FREEZES?? After trying all his little fixes I had had enough and went up to his store and raised a lot of HELL and in front of his Customers! You see when someone screws me around I have an anger issue which has gotten me into a lot of trouble throughout my history. I have been charged with assault a few dozen times because of this and I just can't help it. I am the nicest guy in the world until you try to screw me. You see he didn't tell me to expect any of these problems when I bought the box. Plug it in and start watching movies and tv shows! Now he is trying to tell me that I am probably the only person around dealing with these problems?? No one else is having these problems? Which I know and see is not the case. so I spent the entire weekend recording to video everything I watch and how everything I watched froze, then played, then froze, then played and so on and so forth. Again on his advice I upgraded my Internet to unlimited Bandwidth and 100 Mbps, clearing my cache all the time and still have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am at my wits end with this thing. I am going to take the recordings I made of the freezing and I am going to his store this week on the busiest day I know he has and I am going to take every box with the MyGica sitting on his counter that he pushes and throw them into the parking lot. Then I am going to put my video on his big screen tv and show everyone exactly what it is like to watch tv on this box before they purchase one. Then I am going to force him to give me my money back. Then once I get out of Jail I am going to find out where MyGica is located and I am going to head there and have a little discussion with them! That is of course unless you can find a fix for my problem before this happens in the next few days! So far with all the upgrades it's cost me about $400.00 plus the upgrade of my Internet which is an extra $45.00 a month. And watching tv through this thing has frustrated me beyond limits and I do not want to spend my time FIXING THE FREAKING THING ALL THE TIME. I seriously hope we can come to a more beneficial solution for everyone. So hopefully sometime within the next 72 hours someone from MyGica will contact me with a solution to my problem. I hate to be like this at Christmas time but I hate even worse being screwed around it just makes me CRAZY!! I work hard and take a lot of risk to make the money I make and I am not one to spend it unwisely. So far this box has not been a good investment! I am sure MyGica has dealt with Computer Rise (Eli) so you can verify everything I am telling you with him.

Thank You

I have the exact same speed of Internet at my home and I use the exact same box. And I experience similar issues.

The freezing/buffering all happens based on the server you are trying to watch your content from.

If you + a million other people are trying to watch content from these FREE servers that are streaming content then of course there will be buffering since there server cannot handle the overload.

Sometimes I have to try about 2-4 links before I find one that will stream what I want to watch smoothly without buffering.

If you watch just You Tube videos in HD, or Netflix on the box, you will more then likely not experience freezing, since these companies have there systems setup properly to handle high volumes of bandwidth.

If you experienced the same issues on MAG TV, this relates to the IPTV service provider that was provided to you.

I have seen about 5 different IPTV services for MAG 250/254 and 4/5 of them freeze a lot, mostly at night. This is because most IPTV servers are meant to only handle 10,000 people per server, which requires the streaming server to have a 10GB Download and 10GB upload connection to be able to handle this, which you can really only find from Data centers like IBM for example. Well the freezing in this case is happening because these IPTV services are selling more subscriptions then there servers are meant to handle.

A proper IPTV service that reaches above 10,000 customers would require a 10GB Download and Upload connection per 10,000 customers, but most of these services are just to cheap to shell out the $$ to upgrade there servers.

The one service that I have seen that does not freeze at all, is because they are not a popular service, so therefore not as many customers.

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues, but it usually is not related to the box. I use KODI on my Windows 10 Laptop and experience the same issues from time to time.

But coming on here and making threats like this will not get you anywhere, and this is the first time I have ever read something on here like this, that if gone through with will likely land you in trouble with the law and also banned from our forum.

If you want to troubleshoot this in person, our office is in Mississauga, Ontario. We are here 6 days a week.

Just let me know and I will provide the address.

Or if you want to discuss this over the phone with one of our support reps, you can PM me your phone number and a time to call, or just email me this info to support@mygica.ca and I will have someone call you.

You mention you had similar issues with a Mini-x before the 1800E, so do you not think it is an issue with what I wrote above rather then the actual hardware?