Justin

**NEW** ATV 586 ATSC Version Firmware MAY-06-16

05/19 is what we use here in the office currently

Without any issues for the EPG

Try doing a rescan of the channels, if that does not work then try resetting the box.

Currently this is the latest version available, we do not have anything beta.

Already rescanned the channels 10 times in between 3 resets and no change. I'll watch for any updates since the box is essentially useless to me at this point since it does not do anything it is supposed to do... any idea when the next update will come out? Best -

Tried it on a 3 boxes today, after updating

I see what your referring to. The time and info is not correct.

I have informed our engineers of this issue.

Will report back with time to fix it.

Sorry about this.

Besides EPG not working properly, which does not allow you to record properly

You mention it does not do anything it is supposed to do

What else is there??

Sorry about this.

What else is there??

It's OK, at least we can get updates OTA so hopefully get it working as it should. There is a big market for "cord cutters" I think for these devices, except none of them seem to have got it right yet with the software. :-) The biggest benefit for us anyway is the PVR which would allow us to record programs at when we are sleeping or not at home, and watch later at our leisure.

On 1080i channels we get a lot of audio drift / desync when watching realtime, about every 2 minutes it is off, need to change channel and back again to "re-sync". This with 4/5 signal strength - if I move the antenna plug to the tuner built into the TV, it does not have this issue. However I noticed on PVR recordings (recording manually to test), audio sync is OK - especially Kodi seems to be OK you just fast forward / rewind a little, audio will sync and it will stay OK for the entire rest of the recording. But EPG being broken, we can't schedule anything which makes the PVR pretty much unusable.

Also I noticed on 720p channels it seems much better - I guess because less bandwidth required for the signal...? Audio does not desync almost ever on 720p. I tried changing ATV586 to 720p and others (480, 1080i etc.) in the display settings but aspect ratio was then wrong. However keep in mind I am using the old image from last November, so maybe this was fixed in newer versions of the software.

Sorry about this.

What else is there??

It's OK, at least we can get updates OTA so hopefully get it working as it should. There is a big market for "cord cutters" I think for these devices, except none of them seem to have got it right yet with the software. :-) The biggest benefit for us anyway is the PVR which would allow us to record programs at when we are sleeping or not at home, and watch later at our leisure.

On 1080i channels we get a lot of audio drift / desync when watching realtime, about every 2 minutes it is off, need to change channel and back again to "re-sync". This with 4/5 signal strength - if I move the antenna plug to the tuner built into the TV, it does not have this issue. However I noticed on PVR recordings (recording manually to test), audio sync is OK - especially Kodi seems to be OK you just fast forward / rewind a little, audio will sync and it will stay OK for the entire rest of the recording. But EPG being broken, we can't schedule anything which makes the PVR pretty much unusable.

Also I noticed on 720p channels it seems much better - I guess because less bandwidth required for the signal...? Audio does not desync almost ever on 720p. I tried changing ATV586 to 720p and others (480, 1080i etc.) in the display settings but aspect ratio was then wrong. However keep in mind I am using the old image from last November, so maybe this was fixed in newer versions of the software.

Will look more at audio sync then

If you change the boxes resolution, it does not make the change on the channels resolution. Since it only displays the resolution that the channel is being broadcasted in. Which for ATSC is 1080i, 720P or 480P depending on the broadcaster.

EPG I have sent TS Files to them to be looked at so they can fix the EPG

Hope to have this fixed next week

Manual Schedule of recording should be added as well. Just not sure the date for this.

Here are some screenshots of it.

EPG-7.png.585f6fdb6542fdeb8f451f0d11888e14.png

EPG-6.png.7b85e09daeae205afbf6f1e06c9f3e15.png

EPG-5.png.07a8b11a625daa0ed83ed181e1bb005b.png

Also here is new epg I am pushing to be implemented as well

This is just a drawing, so don't pay attention to the channel names and info.

I had this made by a designer, just need APK developer to convert it into our DTV Player.

MyGica_EPG.jpg.6bcb33fcd8cf6bec62812561c13e1ab2.jpg

In the new epg design, where does it get the preview pictures and description blurbs for the shows? Internet I assume? Or does that come OTA from antenna with the epg data?

Does that use a lot of time, bandwidth, resources? (Does it pre-load pictures and synopses for all shows in the epg, or just get one at a time when needed?)

Can I turn off the preview picture and description if i don't want it?

thx.

In the new epg design, where does it get the preview pictures and description blurbs for the shows? Internet I assume? Or does that come OTA from antenna with the epg data?

Does that use a lot of time, bandwidth, resources? (Does it pre-load pictures and synopses for all shows in the epg, or just get one at a time when needed?)

Can I turn off the preview picture and description if i don't want it?

thx.

The description, pictures etc comes from the EPG data sent over the air from your Antenna

Not all channels support EPG

So if there is no EPG data available for a specific channel, then it will be left blank.

This way, there is no bandwidth being used from the internet.

No you cannot turn off the preview picture and description, since this is a one page guide, we cannot support those features

Our dev team is wanting to use this other EPG

But I like the one I had made much better.

EPG-3.png.a93153e6b66cd36cee9c56ba47f3f64e.png

Justin, thanks for the info about the proposed epg pictures and descriptions.

If it comes in from OTA antenna, then I am happy with or without it. :)

Another hiccup:

I tried to set a recording program using epg (on a channel that has epg)

After I clicked done/yes, it wend to a blank/black screen.

I could exit to home screen using exit button, but the recording program did not save (it does not show up in schedule list)

I tried re-booting, same result.

I have the latest updates (I think). It automatically updated 2 times last week.

I also have the problem others have said - titles in epg are missing a few letters, but the epg times and programs seem to be correct.

Justin, thanks for the info about the proposed epg pictures and descriptions.

If it comes in from OTA antenna, then I am happy with or without it. :)

Another hiccup:

I tried to set a recording program using epg (on a channel that has epg)

After I clicked done/yes, it wend to a blank/black screen.

I could exit to home screen using exit button, but the recording program did not save (it does not show up in schedule list)

I tried re-booting, same result.

I have the latest updates (I think). It automatically updated 2 times last week.

I also have the problem others have said - titles in epg are missing a few letters, but the epg times and programs seem to be correct.

This is because were having EPG issues right now with our last update

Hope to fix this next week and then send another update to the boxes.

If you change the boxes resolution, it does not make the change on the channels resolution. Since it only displays the resolution that the channel is being broadcasted in. Which for ATSC is 1080i, 720P or 480P depending on the broadcaster.

Manual Schedule of recording should be added as well. Just not sure the date for this.

OK thanks for the info on the resolution - one station here in particular is 1080i and desyncs audio every 3-5 minutes - another 720p channel we watch is fine (sometimes will desync - but it takes many hours so it is OK). But, 1080i channel recordings are OK in Kodi - sometimes it will be desynced at the very beginning, but fast forward / rewind a few seconds - it will "sync up" and stay that way the entire rest of the recording.

Manual schedule looks perfect! :-) Even if we cannot tell it "weekly", it would still be great to be able to enter times - one entry for each show. So long as it works reliably that would be a *huge* improvement.

OK thanks for the info on the resolution - one station here in particular is 1080i and desyncs audio every 3-5 minutes - another 720p channel we watch is fine (sometimes will desync - but it takes many hours so it is OK). But, 1080i channel recordings are OK in Kodi - sometimes it will be desynced at the very beginning, but fast forward / rewind a few seconds - it will "sync up" and stay that way the entire rest of the recording.

Manual schedule looks perfect! :-) Even if we cannot tell it "weekly", it would still be great to be able to enter times - one entry for each show. So long as it works reliably that would be a *huge* improvement.

Will continue to work on the syncing issues.

I know everyone has been asking for data and time scheduling of recording for awhile.

So I will push to have it added into DTV player as fast as possible.

As you can see from the screenshots we are close to adding it soon.

One other quick thing, for what it is worth from the November firmware that does provide EPG - I was able to determine it appears the times are correct (if a show is 30 minutes or an hour), but the show *names* were six rows "up". For example screenshot image here: https://imgur.com/x7GFC5e

The highlighted time, 21:00 the correct show should be "48 Hours" 6 rows "up" in the show names. The listings are otherwise correct. If the column with show names were moved down six rows, then the EPG data would be 100% correct.

One other quick thing, for what it is worth from the November firmware that does provide EPG - I was able to determine it appears the times are correct (if a show is 30 minutes or an hour), but the show *names* were six rows "up". For example screenshot image here: https://imgur.com/x7GFC5e

The highlighted time, 21:00 the correct show should be "48 Hours" 6 rows "up" in the show names. The listings are otherwise correct. If the column with show names were moved down six rows, then the EPG data would be 100% correct.

Ok thanks for sharing this.

Still being worked on

This should fix the EPG guide issue

However were still having issue with the channel info bar being wrong

1. Uninstall the current DTV Player APK that is installed on your ATV 586

2. Install the TV Service APK from the zip folder I uploaded

3. Install the DTV Player APK from the zip folder I uploaded

4. Do a re scan of your channels once both APKs are installed

You will need to manually install these apps using a SD card or USB drive.....

Let me know your feedback guys

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR ATSC ONLY.

Thanks

Justin

DTV Player.zip

I tried the new DTV player (2016-06-21) and it still does not work.

I uninstalled the old DTV.

I installed the new DTV.

I installed the new TV service.

The EPG shows up, and seems mostly correct.

When I try to set a recording, the screen goes black. The only way out is to press exit, and that takes me back to the home screen and the recording is not set.

I will revert to the update from october.

MAM

Also, the clock has a habit of resetting to a random time. (maybe due to power going out, or unplugging the device to reboot)

This would be a big problem if I could set recording programs because I have no idea what time it would be using to decide when to record.

I have tried it with the automatic time update set on or off.

The time zone is set correctly.

And the time in the home screen does not match the time in the EPG screen.

The time in the EPG screen seems to set automatically (whether I have time set to update automatically or not). Sometimes the time in EPG is accurate, sometimes it is out by about 5 minutes.

The time in the home screen seems to need me to reset it (whether I have time set to update automatically or not).

MAM

I'm trying to install the latest Filmware on MyGica ATV586 ATSC. the instructions are:

download the firmware on your computer - did that

unzip the file and transfer to SD Card - did that

on your box open "quick boot app"

- I can't do this because I don't have the "quick boot" app

So I'm stuck and can't do the install.

So I can't find a way to get the unit to install the new filmware.

Questions:

1) how can I install the "quick boot" - do I need it?

2) if I can't get the "quick boot" how else can I install?

I'm trying to install the latest Filmware on MyGica ATV586 ATSC. the instructions are:

download the firmware on your computer - did that

unzip the file and transfer to SD Card - did that

on your box open "quick boot app"

- I can't do this because I don't have the "quick boot" app

So I'm stuck and can't do the install.

So I can't find a way to get the unit to install the new filmware.

Questions:

1) how can I install the "quick boot" - do I need it?

2) if I can't get the "quick boot" how else can I install?

If you login to the Google Play store, you can download and install the quick boot app.

Or just use the reset button on the bottom of the unit to get into recovery mode.

Also, the clock has a habit of resetting to a random time. (maybe due to power going out, or unplugging the device to reboot)

This would be a big problem if I could set recording programs because I have no idea what time it would be using to decide when to record.

I have tried it with the automatic time update set on or off.

The time zone is set correctly.

And the time in the home screen does not match the time in the EPG screen.

The time in the EPG screen seems to set automatically (whether I have time set to update automatically or not). Sometimes the time in EPG is accurate, sometimes it is out by about 5 minutes.

The time in the home screen seems to need me to reset it (whether I have time set to update automatically or not).

MAM

Thanks for the feedback on both your posts

Still trying to fix this.

After reading through this post about 5 times, I am left wondering if updating the firmware is even worthwhile. I just set up my ATV586 two days ago, and it appears to be running V002M8B01_20151028 out of the box. With all of the back and forth between the contributors to this forum, I have some basic questions:

1) What exactly is the newest stable release of the firmware, and does it contain the post release patches that appear to have been created since June?

2) Besides the PVR functionality, are there any other features that are included besides Kodi 16?

3) Does this address any other functional issues?

I ask because I don't appear to have any Bluetooth on my unit (turning on Bluetooth under the advanced settings, more settings, doesn't appear to be working. I turn it on and a second or so later, it appears to turn off again.) Looking at the device status, I see Ethernet and Wireless MAC addresses, but nothing for Bluetooth. All the product literature seems to indicate Bluetooth should be available, so this is not encouraging.

I am also experiencing issues getting 5.1/DTS audio to work through Kodi into my receiver. I have a fair bit of Kodi experience, but no combinations of changes within Kodi system-audio settings , or changing advanced settiings from PCM to HDMI passthrough in the device settings appear to work. I'm not sure that I've found the correct settiing that is compatible with my receiver, but before I contiinue to experiment, I wanted to confiirm that this device is capable of more than stereo-only output.

I have friends who retail competitive Android TV boxes, and I do some work on the siide with them configuring these devices. i was hoping to introduce them to this device, but I am apprehensive due to the lack of clarity in the support forum, and inconsistencies between the features shown on the packaging (i.e. Bluetooth), and what I am finding in the device once set up.

Thanks.

:|

I have not forgotten a firmware update to the 586.

We are having issues still with EPG which now go back to issues with code from AMlogic since DTV Player comes from them.

Once this is fixed, we can release a new update and also update the PVR to have schedule recording.

After reading through this post about 5 times, I am left wondering if updating the firmware is even worthwhile. I just set up my ATV586 two days ago, and it appears to be running V002M8B01_20151028 out of the box. With all of the back and forth between the contributors to this forum, I have some basic questions:

1) What exactly is the newest stable release of the firmware, and does it contain the post release patches that appear to have been created since June?

2) Besides the PVR functionality, are there any other features that are included besides Kodi 16?

3) Does this address any other functional issues?

I ask because I don't appear to have any Bluetooth on my unit (turning on Bluetooth under the advanced settings, more settings, doesn't appear to be working. I turn it on and a second or so later, it appears to turn off again.) Looking at the device status, I see Ethernet and Wireless MAC addresses, but nothing for Bluetooth. All the product literature seems to indicate Bluetooth should be available, so this is not encouraging.

I am also experiencing issues getting 5.1/DTS audio to work through Kodi into my receiver. I have a fair bit of Kodi experience, but no combinations of changes within Kodi system-audio settings , or changing advanced settiings from PCM to HDMI passthrough in the device settings appear to work. I'm not sure that I've found the correct settiing that is compatible with my receiver, but before I contiinue to experiment, I wanted to confiirm that this device is capable of more than stereo-only output.

I have friends who retail competitive Android TV boxes, and I do some work on the siide with them configuring these devices. i was hoping to introduce them to this device, but I am apprehensive due to the lack of clarity in the support forum, and inconsistencies between the features shown on the packaging (i.e. Bluetooth), and what I am finding in the device once set up.

Thanks.

:|

In terms of taking a new update

Wait for the next one to come out.

It will have more things fixed and PVR feature added.

As for the Bluetooth not working, this was a misprint on the giftbox packaging. The 586 does not have Bluetooth.

We use the S805-B chipset on the 586, which means it is capable of Hardware Decoding Dolby through HDMI. So this should work for you.

I have a question about my brand new out of the box atv586... I have it all plugged in and get nothing- tried all 5 HDMI ports on my Tv and all I get is a blue light and it does absolutely nothing... I have never seen a menu/home screen nothing... Did I purchase a brick? Thanks

I have a question about my brand new out of the box atv586... I have it all plugged in and get nothing- tried all 5 HDMI ports on my Tv and all I get is a blue light and it does absolutely nothing... I have never seen a menu/home screen nothing... Did I purchase a brick? Thanks

Are you able to try a different HDMI cable?