Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

achen2_98

Ethernet Connection not detected

I have the ATV1200 android box running xmbc. I cannot get the box to detect my Ethernet hard wire connection. It only detect my wifi but I want ethernet connection because it is faster. It is in the settings section in andriod os where I activate my Ethernet. I have typed in my ip address, netmask, gateway, dns address and still it doesn't detect my Ethernet hard wire connection. Please help. thanks

I have the ATV1200 android box running xmbc. I cannot get the box to detect my Ethernet hard wire connection. It only detect my wifi but I want ethernet connection because it is faster. It is in the settings section in andriod os where I activate my Ethernet. I have typed in my ip address, netmask, gateway, dns address and still it doesn't detect my Ethernet hard wire connection. Please help. thanks

Make sure you have Ethernet turned ON

Also its best to use a Static IP, as it will detect your settings automatically for you.

Can you please tell me if the lights on the ethernet port are working as well when your ethernet cable is plugged in?

I have the same problem. No Ethernet connection or On/Off selection. It just shows to configure ethernet and not connecring to it at all.

Lights to the RJ45 port connection are on and blinking when connected.

only working on Wifi. No connection if wifi is off

If you go into the settings menu, there are two options on the left hand side, one is for Wifi, the other is for Ethernet.

You must turn off wifi, and then turn on Ethernet.

The ON/OFF functions are on the top right hand side of the screen.

Justin,

Any chance you have tips for someone who tried this unsuccessfully?

I've tried the on/off switch numerous times in both DHCP and static IP. I've tried entering the connection info from my computer into the ATV1200. I've googled the proper addresses to use, since I'm clearly not a networking ninja. I've swapped Cat5. I've skipped the switch and gone right from the modem. Mostly, I've gotten really frustrated and walked away... If I see "Ethernet connected IP Address: 0.0.0.0" one more time...

Perhaps I can help. First in settings turn WiFi off. Turn Ether net on. Then exit out. On your home screen settings choose Ethernet.

Now that that is set, go to your modem, unplug it. Wait approximately two minutes. Plug in the modem.

With luck, you should now be connected to your Ethernet.

Hope this works for you,

If you cannot get a Ethernet connection on your unit, after trying all of those steps you have mentioned.

Then your unit must be defective, and I would suggest getting in replaced under warranty.