Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkwashby

Bluetooth on 1800E

Bluetooth on 1800E

Hey Justin.

I have the 1800E that the bluetooth keeps turning off every time you turn it on when using Android 4.4. I have installed Android 5.1 and wondering if I get a usb Bluetooth dongle will the box see it and allow me to connect devices to it? The reason I'm asking is I already have a controller for games that is on a RF dongle but there is a slight lag that makes it impossible to play some games or beat hard parts so I want to see if a bluetooth controller will be better.

Bryan

43 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

Bluetooth on 1800E

Hey Justin.

I have the 1800E that the bluetooth keeps turning off every time you turn it on when using Android 4.4. I have installed Android 5.1 and wondering if I get a usb Bluetooth dongle will the box see it and allow me to connect devices to it? The reason I'm asking is I already have a controller for games that is on a RF dongle but there is a slight lag that makes it impossible to play some games or beat hard parts so I want to see if a bluetooth controller will be better.

Bryan

What is the serial # of your box?

You can find this on the bottom of your unit.

34 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

IMG_20170331_151301~2.jpg

You have a very early version of the 1800

Which does not have Dual Band Wifi or Bluetooth

When and where did you buy it from? As this unit is from July 2014

1 hour ago, Justin said:

You have a very early version of the 1800

Which does not have Dual Band Wifi or Bluetooth

When and where did you buy it from? As this unit is from July 2014

I got it online can't remember from what site now though. Probably about 2 and a half years ago now. It's been a good box, never had any problems other then the known stuff that has been fixed with FW updates. So I'm guessing that means that even though it has Android 5.1 now that it won't detect a usb bluetooth dongle? Guess I'll have to upgrade to the 1900pro, was hoping I wouldn't have to yet.

On 3/31/2017 at 5:03 PM, bkwashby said:

I got it online can't remember from what site now though. Probably about 2 and a half years ago now. It's been a good box, never had any problems other then the known stuff that has been fixed with FW updates. So I'm guessing that means that even though it has Android 5.1 now that it won't detect a usb bluetooth dongle? Guess I'll have to upgrade to the 1900pro, was hoping I wouldn't have to yet.

Yes sorry, but we do not support USB Bluetooth.