Jump to content
cobusjvr1

Lollipop upgrade

Recommended Posts

Lollipop upgrade

I recently upgraded my atv 582 with the links you guys posted here from 4.4 to 5.1. Ever since I did this my machine has become useless to me...everything freezes and hangs the whole time? The reason for this was to update Kodi but this obviously is not going to work. Any suggestion as how to fix this problem or must I go back to 4.4 platform? What unit is available from Mygica that has the 5.1 operating system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 5:22 AM, cobusjvr1 said:

Lollipop upgrade

I recently upgraded my atv 582 with the links you guys posted here from 4.4 to 5.1. Ever since I did this my machine has become useless to me...everything freezes and hangs the whole time? The reason for this was to update Kodi but this obviously is not going to work. Any suggestion as how to fix this problem or must I go back to 4.4 platform? What unit is available from Mygica that has the 5.1 operating system?

5.1 will not run well on the 582, that is why it is running slow for you.

We currently do not have 5.1 available for the 582

Only units with 5.1 available for it are the 1900AC, 1800E, 495 PRO and 1900 PRO.  Any newer models we release from now on will have Android 6+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cdnhollywood said:

Does this mean my ATV 380 is useless now?  Or will Kodi ports continue beyond 17.0?

 

We will have 17.1 available soon.

So you should be good with this next version for at least 12-18 months, since this is usually how long new Official Kodi versions are out until they go to Kodi 18 for example.
I cannot comment on 18 right now, as we do not know enough information about it at this time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new to this forum. I have a ATV 380 that is simply useless now because I can't upgrade the KODI version past 16.  Can someone tell me if there are plans in place that will allow this box to be upgraded so it will rin the new version ( 17.1) of KODI...and if so, is there an approximate time frame. I just bought the box. thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2017 at 0:40 PM, stones said:

I'm new to this forum. I have a ATV 380 that is simply useless now because I can't upgrade the KODI version past 16.  Can someone tell me if there are plans in place that will allow this box to be upgraded so it will rin the new version ( 17.1) of KODI...and if so, is there an approximate time frame. I just bought the box. thx

Right now Android 5.1 is not available for the ATV 380

So currently we do not have anymore information on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought the ATV380 because on the box it says it is upgradable. I need to run Kodi 17. How do I upgrade?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2017 at 2:47 PM, Marc said:

I just bought the ATV380 because on the box it says it is upgradable. I need to run Kodi 17. How do I upgrade?

Thank you

Right now there is no current update for the ATV 380 past Android 4.4

I would suggest 2 things.

1. Using our fork of Kodi 17 to work on your ATV 380

2. Return the 380 and get a MyGica 495 PRO or 1900 PRO

I am assuming you purchased the ATV 380 from Canada Computers, since this model is exclusive to them.

The 495 PRO is only $30 more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2017 at 7:26 PM, Justin said:

We will have 17.1 available soon.

So you should be good with this next version for at least 12-18 months, since this is usually how long new Official Kodi versions are out until they go to Kodi 18 for example.
I cannot comment on 18 right now, as we do not know enough information about it at this time.

Will this be the best area of forum to be in to get notified when you release your 17.1 version of kodi there is quite a few devices waiting to get it loved the 17 version thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ianw22873 said:

Will this be the best area of forum to be in to get notified when you release your 17.1 version of kodi there is quite a few devices waiting to get it loved the 17 version thanks 

I will put it in our Announcements thread + Downloads Page.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Justin said:

I will put it in our Announcements thread + Downloads Page.

Thanks for your reply am I right in believing that it will be released by end of month as I mentioned have a fair amount of projectors to be released that I wish to have your 17.1 fork on it would save a lot of hassle to roll them out pre-installed (blank version ) if any ETA could be put on this it would be a great help thank you again for your speedy reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ianw22873 said:

Thanks for your reply am I right in believing that it will be released by end of month as I mentioned have a fair amount of projectors to be released that I wish to have your 17.1 fork on it would save a lot of hassle to roll them out pre-installed (blank version ) if any ETA could be put on this it would be a great help thank you again for your speedy reply.

I will keep pushing for the release.

But for now I still cannot give a release date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Justin said:

I will keep pushing for the release.

But for now I still cannot give a release date.

Fully understand you can't rush quality so on the back burner for now will have to be the approach thanks again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, why do you want to upgrade to lollipop, 

 

just run a decent kodi fork based off Kodi 16 for now. I was using the MMC 17.0 which ran beautifully, but am having issues now. So until Justin releases MMC 17.1, I downloaded CEMC off play store. Is a kodi Fork of Kodi 16. But works just like my laptop that has 17.1 installed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/05/19 at 8:37 AM, Paul loynes said:

Guys, why do you want to upgrade to lollipop, 

 

just run a decent kodi fork based off Kodi 16 for now. I was using the MMC 17.0 which ran beautifully, but am having issues now. So until Justin releases MMC 17.1, I downloaded CEMC off play store. Is a kodi Fork of Kodi 16. But works just like my laptop that has 17.1 installed. 

 

Also replaced MMC and SPMC with CEMC.

Sport Addons such as SportsDevil and Zem works with SPMC but not MMC thus had to run 2 services.  Replaced the sport addons with an IPTV service, however still had other issues like multichannel audio (AC3/DTS etc.) with MMC, no playback. Only running CEMC now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 3:53 PM, Justin said:

Right now there is no current update for the ATV 380 past Android 4.4

I would suggest 2 things.

1. Using our fork of Kodi 17 to work on your ATV 380

2. Return the 380 and get a MyGica 495 PRO or 1900 PRO

I am assuming you purchased the ATV 380 from Canada Computers, since this model is exclusive to them.

The 495 PRO is only $30 more.

You hit the nail on the head, and I wish I had read this before purchasing my 380. :D

As long as I can run this box for another 12-18mo I'll be happy and buy another one once ports stop coming out.  I do love Canada Computers, but I wish I knew about this beforehand.

Thanks for the great info @Justin - I'll be watching for the fork updates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2017 at 9:37 AM, cdnhollywood said:

You hit the nail on the head, and I wish I had read this before purchasing my 380. :D

As long as I can run this box for another 12-18mo I'll be happy and buy another one once ports stop coming out.  I do love Canada Computers, but I wish I knew about this beforehand.

Thanks for the great info @Justin - I'll be watching for the fork updates.

 

Ok no problem

Glad I could help

Let me know if you have any more questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×