Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrjax

upgrading from 4.1.2 to newest firmware

Hi there,

I'm just confirming that I can upgrade from 4.1.2 firmware for the ATV1200 directly to the 4.2.2. The firmware manual I downloaded http://www.mygica.com/download/Manual/MyGica_ATV1200_Manual.zip says the following:

"Please confirm if your current system is 4.2 before upgrading /If your system is 4.1, please DO NOT upgrade directly to 4.2 with follow steps.Otherwise your box will be dead."

I'm not really sure what that means, but it seems as though I cannot upgrade directly to 4.2.2?

Thank you.

Hi there,

I'm just confirming that I can upgrade from 4.1.2 firmware for the ATV1200 directly to the 4.2.2. The firmware manual I downloaded http://www.mygica.com/download/Manual/MyGica_ATV1200_Manual.zip says the following:

"Please confirm if your current system is 4.2 before upgrading /If your system is 4.1, please DO NOT upgrade directly to 4.2 with follow steps.Otherwise your box will be dead."

I'm not really sure what that means, but it seems as though I cannot upgrade directly to 4.2.2?

Thank you.

It states that because those are firmware files to be used on Android 4.2, and some users are still using 4.1.

If you go into settings menu, and to "About Device" it will tell you which version of Android OS you are running, 4.1 or 4.2.

If you are on 4.1, and want to upgrade to 4.2 you can do so here

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945

If you are on 4.1, and want to upgrade to 4.2 you can do so here

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945

So I go to the link above and upgrade to 4.2.2 first then I can go to the newest 4.2 with Kodi 14.1 is that correct

Also the 4.2.2 file says KR34 at the end of the file and my ATV1200 came with the KR60 remote when I install the 4.2.2 firmware will my KR60 remote still work so I can then update using the Android 4.2 Upgrade File with KODI 14.1 for ATV 1200 KR60

I'm afraid if I update to the 4.2.2 my remote won't work after

I upgraded but wasn't paying close attention. I now can't use my kr60 remote and can't install the correct firmware file to correct the issue. Carefully read before u install. Hope someone sees this and can direct me to the firmware for kr60 for the atv1200. Btw the drop box I found when searching for the files is empty :-( hope I can find the files....

I upgraded but wasn't paying close attention. I now can't use my kr60 remote and can't install the correct firmware file to correct the issue. Carefully read before u install. Hope someone sees this and can direct me to the firmware for kr60 for the atv1200. Btw the drop box I found when searching for the files is empty :-( hope I can find the files....

They are located in the 1200 Downloads section

Here is a link for it

http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2491

You can always just plug in a Computer USB mouse or Keyboard and use that to scroll through the menus.

I finally discovered my problem. When I un-archive the atv1200 firmware my Mac also un-archives the img file and when I copy it to the sd card mygica update no longer recognized the img file. I simply used a 3rd party unzipping prog and once I copied the intact img file over to the sd the issue was corrected. Thanks again for your patience.

I finally discovered my problem. When I un-archive the atv1200 firmware my Mac also un-archives the img file and when I copy it to the sd card mygica update no longer recognized the img file. I simply used a 3rd party unzipping prog and once I copied the intact img file over to the sd the issue was corrected. Thanks again for your patience.

If you have a computer USB keyboard or mouse, you can connect it to the box to use it.

This way you can scroll through the menus