Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevinlayne

ATV 380 Firmware Fail/XBMC SMB Fail

I just purchased a ATV 380 from Canada Computers over the Holidays, the current build is Sept 25/2014. I downloaded the ATV 582 20141105.zip from the Mygica site, but the box will not read the file as a update file, either in zip form or in image form, and will not auto update to the latest build. Any suggestions. Secondly i saw previously where your Gica build of XBMC 13.1 was having problems reading over a SMB Network where the build would crash on scanning a movies folder vs a TV series folder, this is my problem on this build as well....any suggestions back to me would be appreciated..

I just purchased a ATV 380 from Canada Computers over the Holidays, the current build is Sept 25/2014. I downloaded the ATV 582 20141105.zip from the Mygica site, but the box will not read the file as a update file, either in zip form or in image form, and will not auto update to the latest build. Any suggestions. Secondly i saw previously where your Gica build of XBMC 13.1 was having problems reading over a SMB Network where the build would crash on scanning a movies folder vs a TV series folder, this is my problem on this build as well....any suggestions back to me would be appreciated..

Try formatting the SD card that you are using to FAT 32 to see if that reads the file.

And when setting up a local network, I find NAS works better. I have over 1 TB of Video which loads fine including Fan art on my 1800E over my local network using NAS.

Card is formatted in fat32 format, file manager can read the card and see the files that i dropped onto the root of the card, are they supposed to be copied in org zip format as instructed or opened and left in the native img file that they are, i have tried both and unit fails to see either...secondly i am running a NAS box, and it reads off the network drive from the TV series folder, but crashes on the same drive in a diff dir....if i cannot get the firmware upgraded or xbmc working, the box is pretty well useless to me....

Card is formatted in fat32 format, file manager can read the card and see the files that i dropped onto the root of the card, are they supposed to be copied in org zip format as instructed or opened and left in the native img file that they are, i have tried both and unit fails to see either...secondly i am running a NAS box, and it reads off the network drive from the TV series folder, but crashes on the same drive in a diff dir....if i cannot get the firmware upgraded or xbmc working, the box is pretty well useless to me....

You are supposed to extract the IMG file from the Zip folder and put it onto the Root of the SD card.

You can try downloading it from here again if you like

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

If you are using the Upgrade app, and you cannot see the files. Pressing the 3 Lined Context menu button on the IR Remote 8+ times, will load the files from your SD card.

I will try it again.....i have done the exact thing you have stated in your previous post to no avail....if it does not read it this time...i will return the box to canada computers asap....

I tried the atv582_20141105.zip from your site and it did not work....but i could download it super quick, then atv582_20141024.zip link you just sent me, must be on a super slow server, hours and hours to download, should it matter what build i use...??