Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lar

Xbmc not working on mygica 1200

I can no longer access xbmc. Whenever I click on xbmc icon, screen goes dark for a second and then returns to main menu page.

I'll tell what I'd do if it were my box. You can do whatever you want though, it's your choice.

First off, when you have XBMC "set up" the way you want it after you do this I'd recommend a small Backup-to-USB type wizard that saves your xbmc settings to be able to reinstall exactly. I have two, one called "loaded" with extra Addons and scrapers, and one called "simplified" with fewer options to confuse people.

Firstly, your box has those apps that came with the box automatically burned in. Meaning if you reset your box back to factory they will all reinstall. You can go there by going under settings in the Andriod menu and down to the left you'll see "reset". This will clean out your box right to how you bought it. Just go in, don't click "also delete sd card" (it says something like that. I'm not close to a box now to check), and "reset".

You could also try to simply turn off your box, unplug it, and restart it. Any erm, uninstalled apps will reinstall that way. I found that out by uninstalling that stupid VST Chinese launcher which reinstalled when I unplugged the box.

J