Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oliver

1800e does not see HDMI connecions

I am trying to connect my recently purchased MyGica 1800 to my Samsung Smart TV Model 50UHD7000 via an HDMI connection.

The problem is that TV looks for the connection and then says there is no HDMI connection found. The TV has 4 different HDMI ports and the same problem occurs no matter what HDMI port I select as the source and connect to.

The HDMI ports do work.

I know the HDMI cable and the all HDMI ports work. I am able to hook up my Blue Ray player on any of the ports using the same HDMI cable and there are no problems. I am also able to make the MyGica 1800 work when I use the 3 wire RCA cable to connect the CVBS, R,L connections of the MyGica 1800 box to the TV. However, the picture sucks and movies seem not to fit on the screen.

I have no trouble when connecting the Mygica to another TV that I have. I use the same HDMI cable as before and there are no issues at all.

I spent most of today trying to get the problem sorted out....I give up...I'm stuck. Anyone able to help ?

Thanks

Oliver

I am trying to connect my recently purchased MyGica 1800 to my Samsung Smart TV Model 50UHD7000 via an HDMI connection.

The problem is that TV looks for the connection and then says there is no HDMI connection found. The TV has 4 different HDMI ports and the same problem occurs no matter what HDMI port I select as the source and connect to.

The HDMI ports do work.

I know the HDMI cable and the all HDMI ports work. I am able to hook up my Blue Ray player on any of the ports using the same HDMI cable and there are no problems. I am also able to make the MyGica 1800 work when I use the 3 wire RCA cable to connect the CVBS, R,L connections of the MyGica 1800 box to the TV. However, the picture sucks and movies seem not to fit on the screen.

I have no trouble when connecting the Mygica to another TV that I have. I use the same HDMI cable as before and there are no issues at all.

I spent most of today trying to get the problem sorted out....I give up...I'm stuck. Anyone able to help ?

Thanks

Oliver

When you use it on a different TV. Can you check in the display settings if HDMI Auto Detect is ON? If so can you switch it off, and change it to 720P-60HZ and then try it on your Samsung TV?

Let me know if this works

Thanks

I followed though on your suggestions. It still doesn't work on the Samsung TV.....and...now the problem just seemed to get more complicated.....the Mygica 1800e won't work on my other TV anymore.

Now, when I go back and reconnect to my other TV via the same HDMI port that worked previously, I get the Kit Kat start up screen, then a screen that shows a gazillion floating colored squares, followed by a screen flashes that "MyGica" for split second and then nothing but a dark screen.

In my last email, I forgot to indicate that :

(a) when I deselected the automatic HDMI detection option, I then selected the lowest video setting as suggested.

(b)Once I did that, the Mygica 1800e device still did not work on the Samsung TV AND...now it also does not work on the Insignia TV. HDMI port on the Insignia TV shows " HDMI - 720 dpi 60HZ '

© I am able to coonect the Mygica 1800e to the Samsung TV via the yellow, white red RCA cable and able to the 'Display' menu of the Mygica box. It shows the following:

(i) HDMI Output mode: 720p 50Hz

(ii) CVBS Mode Setting: 480 CVBS

My phone number - 905-689-1815

I have been experiencing a similar issue with the ATV-1900AC connected to a newer Samsung 4K UHD TV (model UN60JU6390) - it works fine from a factory reset, but as soon as I start adding addons, I get an issue with the video signal keeps cutting in and out - I have tried it on an older 1080p Samsung smart TV and it works fine with no issues on that TV.

The 4K tv will sometimes show nothing but a black screen, sometimes will switch to no device connected, and other times it will show the main screen for a couple of seconds and then go blank again... I have tried with multiple HDMI cables, through a denon AV Receiver, connected directly to the 4K tv and same results. I don't want to do another factory reset as I just paid to have it programmed, and as I said, it works fine on our other (older) Samsung smart tv.

I have noticed after reading through these forums, there seems to be MANY MANY issues with the ATV-1900AC box and most people seem to be very unhappy with this unit. I am debating on taking it back and getting the 1800, but I bought the 1900 for the AC WiFi connection.