Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bolesun1

Newbie questions regarding ATV1800e

Ok so I bought this Android box and I'm very satisfied with the purchase so far. There is a bit of learning curve and digging to find what I want to watch but so far no major complaints.

There are only a few minor issues that's bugging me, hopefully Justin or someone that is more knowledgeable can give me some input:

1. My unit the network indicator light (orange based on what other people saying) never worked. I guess it is a factory defect but I can still use Wifi no problem. Does any one else has the same issue?

2. Whenever I suspend the unit by pressing the power button on the remote or on physical unit, if I want to start up again, I will loose my Wifi connection. I will need to go into the network setting and choose my Wifi again everytime to establish the connection on start up. This is very bothering, I tried to use some android app to lock the wifi in suspend, it works for a while but not overnight. My normal suspend mode red LED light will keep Green but does not last overnight. Is this normal? I

3. Sometimes when I use XBMC, it tells me buffer is full. How can I change that buffer size setting in XBMC?

Forgot to mention the firmware I have is not the newest one (Feb 2015) or the very earliest one (straight out of the box). I did update the firmware through SD card.

Thanks all :)

Ok so I bought this Android box and I'm very satisfied with the purchase so far. There is a bit of learning curve and digging to find what I want to watch but so far no major complaints.

There are only a few minor issues that's bugging me, hopefully Justin or someone that is more knowledgeable can give me some input:

1. My unit the network indicator light (orange based on what other people saying) never worked. I guess it is a factory defect but I can still use Wifi no problem. Does any one else has the same issue?

2. Whenever I suspend the unit by pressing the power button on the remote or on physical unit, if I want to start up again, I will loose my Wifi connection. I will need to go into the network setting and choose my Wifi again everytime to establish the connection on start up. This is very bothering, I tried to use some android app to lock the wifi in suspend, it works for a while but not overnight. My normal suspend mode red LED light will keep Green but does not last overnight. Is this normal? I

3. Sometimes when I use XBMC, it tells me buffer is full. How can I change that buffer size setting in XBMC?

Forgot to mention the firmware I have is not the newest one (Feb 2015) or the very earliest one (straight out of the box). I did update the firmware through SD card.

Thanks all :)

Which firmware version are you currently running?

Will help me answer this better.

Android 4.4.2

Uboot version - a85a50c(20140922.093536)

Core version - 3.10.33 jp@ubt124 d375761-8b71f7a (20141018.152553)

Version - V002M801_20141105

Android 4.4.2

Android 4.4.2

The network indicator light only turns on when you use Ethernet

The wifi should reconnect automatically after 30-60 seconds when you turn it back on

You cannot change the buffer size, just by fully exiting XBMC will clear the cache

The network indicator light only turns on when you use Ethernet

Really??? My network indicator lights is on when connected by either wifi or ethernet.

You cannot change the buffer size, just by fully exiting XBMC will clear the cache

If you load fusion there is an option to change buffer size by going into Programs/Maintenance Tool/System Tweaks and selecting Zero Cache