Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbaggs

Accessing USB drive on 1800

I want to access a 500 GB USB drive that I have plugged into the 1800. I would like to access from 2 places. First from my laptop, so I can copy media files onto the drive via WiFi. Second, I have 2 other TVs with WDTV boxes. Previously all the WDTV boxes could access the other's external USB drives. All I had to do was add the Home Network name. (I have done this on the 1800). But there is also an entry for a WINS server IP and I don't know if this is the issue as I cannot access the drive from my laptop or from the other WDTV boxes to play the movies on the drive.

you can't hookup a External Drive to ATV1800E and share, you can use the external drive on the ATV1800E only

I would suggest to make it as cloud drive to plug your External 500GIG drive to your router USB go in settings for your router and make sure its setup then your able to stream content on ATV800E via SMB and also your pc will be able to view and use also your WDTV boxset too

but sharing via ATV1800E only thing that i could possible is FTP setup through Kodi

you can't hookup a External Drive to ATV1800E and share, you can use the external drive on the ATV1800E only

I would suggest to make it as cloud drive to plug your External 500GIG drive to your router USB go in settings for your router and make sure its setup then your able to stream content on ATV800E via SMB and also your pc will be able to view and use also your WDTV boxset too

but sharing via ATV1800E only thing that i could possible is FTP setup through Kodi

You can share NTFS or FAT32 files on external drive that is mounted on a 1800E by using applications such as SambaDroid in Play Store, it is work perfectly.

Unfortunately, 1800E only supports USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0.