Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktulu009

Android 5 on the 1800???

Would you like to see the Android 5.0 Update for the 1800?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Android 5.0 Update for the 1800?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

I purchased the highest end box at MyGica after seeing that there are promises for the Android 5 release. I'm sure this will bring many improvement, including apps that are better suited for display.

When are we to expect an Android 5 update??

Hopefully we get it soon I may switch to the mx3 box soon if it's not out relatively quickly as its already on there

The Beelink MXIII? No its on 114K4 firmware, which MXIII are you reffering to?

Android 5.0 will be fully displayed on the ATV 1900AC at both the Hong Kong Fair next week and the NAB Show in Las Vegas

At the Geniatech Booths

Here is the press release for the 1900AC was just posted this week

http://www.mygica.com/html/news/Company ... 6/108.html

Android 5.0 is coming on 1900AC first, and then our other Quad Core models to follow suit

ATV1900AC-MyGica-2.jpg.4a173b18253adaf6355707df50038a2c.jpg

ATV1900AC-MyGica.jpg.c555b81b90c3fbd6b4eef13c56ac0b44.jpg

Still don't have a date for it.

I do not even have it myself for testing, hope to get it to test next week.

Eta for 1800 lollipop now?

What's so great about Lollipop anyways?

Can you Sync Wii Controllers and PS3 controllers through Bluetooth with it?

Just curious as why Mygica is promoting the Mygica 1900AC?

They advertise it having OTA. The 1800 is supposed to have OTA. What has been done OTA with any other models.

They can not even get Firmware for the 1800 done right. Who in their right mind is going to trust Mygica enough to set their boxes to automatically receive OTA updates?

Why develop another box, when they haven't finished developing the 1800's.

What about the thousands of people who purchased the first edition 1800's, that to this day cannot even use it to receive Bluetooth technology.

Why waste resources promoting 4k technology. Promote it/develop it when their is enough 4k content available.

Those dollars and resources should be spent developing and fixing what we now have in the 1800's and 582's.

Even though the last firmware push does work, it was not a miracle fix, as was long anticipated. If you read all the Feedback thread's, Mygica is taking major steps back, while some other manufacturer's are taking giant steps forward.

No one is blaming you Justin, but you better tell the Mygica Brass to read this Forum!

Forgive me for not agreeing with you guys but I just have fun testing and developing. This box is that for me. I love the anticipation of the next firmware upgrades.

I've been doing this since before the popcorn hour boxes (google them) so I just think differently about this stuff. To me, how do you get this much fun from a less than 200 dollar media box!

Babababa, I'm loving it!

I agree with you to some degree! However, really, I have Android 5 (Lollipop) on several devices. It is most define try nothing to rave about.

Why throw that in, as a further distraction, on to the 1800 series boxes as well as all the other Mygica boxes. They have not learned how to push out a new firmware without all kinds of problems. They Mygica, have not learned that they have to put out proper instructions, when they do a new firmware push.

They, Mygica do not have to put out new boxes, ie the 1900 series until they have finished the firmare development on all existing boxes. The second edition 1800's came out after October 20th, 2014.

Purely monetary gain, no other reason. The stuff they promote on the 1900 box, they haven't even got it right on the 1800's. Like OTA, 4K, and Firmware upgrades. What about Bluetooth on the 1st edition 1800's. They push the 2nd edition 1800's month's after the 1st edition 1800's. Edition 2= bluetooth, Edition 1= no bluetooth.

Let me ask, of the thousands who bought either version, is 4K a necessity? Would you not get more use out of Bluetooth capabilities.

Simply said, fix what you have already sold end masse, before pushing both new boxes, and faulty/incomplete firmware upgrades.

Yes, it is fine to tinker, but it's not fine to erase/reset boxes unless it helps at the end of the day. It's also not cool to put out new boxes, just for making a sale. The 1800's can be a "Cadillac ", not a "Cavalier", if time and efforts are wisely used. Don't pollute the already murky waters.

It's been months since asking for an update on the Lollipop release.

Netflix is still not in HD, MyGica developing and selling 1900 with Android 5 while all people who have bought the 1800 are left in the dark.

This is ridiculous, shows that you care more about pushing a new box rather than refining a product you have already released to the market.

Any ETA on new firmware?

*** Forbidden. Please enable JavaScript. Antispam service cleantalk.org. ***

Netflix is still not in HD, MyGica developing and selling 1900 with Android 5 while all people who have bought the 1800 are left in the dark.

This is ridiculous, shows that you care more about pushing a new box rather than refining a product you have already released to the market.

Any ETA on new firmware?

That was helpful.

Any ETA on new firmware?

That was helpful.

Don't know if you're being sarcastic, but last I heard about a possible date was April 09 on the forum from Justin, saying

"Still don't have a date for it.

I do not even have it myself for testing, hope to get it to test next week."

-- It's been nearly 2 months

Any ETA on new firmware?

That was helpful.

Here's something helpful - Cut your losses and frustrations now and get a better supported media box.

I was lucky enough to be able to return mine for a full refund after waiting too long for empty promises. I'm still frequenting the forums because my father-in-law wasn't so fortunate so he's stuck with this piece of junk and is depending on me to tell him when that magical update will appear. I still want this box to do well since I feel guilty promoting it to him but he's saying he can't even go a day without some kind of soft reset or plug/unplug...yikes.