Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gica4ever

ATV582 - no HDMI after standby since new firmware

Hello,

When the device boots - no problem - TV picks up the HDMI signal right away.

When the device wakes up from standby (turning it back on from red light) then I no longer gets a HDMI signal on the TV.

This is a new problem since I updated the firmware to March 31st 2015.

It was working fine with v 11-05.

I don't want to revert to the previous firmware because this new version has a lot to offer.

This is quite annoying. Especially with a device that doesn't have any freakin way to shut it off except by pulling the power cord.

As a workaround I plugged the device on a power bar with a ON/OFF switch. No more standby for me :-(

Any suggestions?

I think I found the culprit or at least a more bearable workaround.

The problem occures when device HDMI setup is set to auto detect or set to 1080p 60hz - My TV supports 60hz, it even supports 120hz!

The problem is gone when I set it to 1080p 24hz :-(

Well - Now the nice folks at MyGica will have little more information to work with.

Thanks

Confirmed! TV is actually running at 60Hz (from the TV directly TV/MENU/INFO/IMAGE/ 1080P-60Hz)

So there is a glitch in this new Firmware as far as setting HDMI it the device AUTO/MANUAL/24hz/60hz

I seem to have the same problem on my atv585.

1 difference, the HDMI is in fact working. The box isn't sending a picture or the menu isn't working.

When I long press the power button on the remote I see a choice popping up on the screen to go into stand by or restart.

As I see this choice the hdmi must be working.

But why don't I see anything? ?

There are 2 separate issues here that we can talk about:

1. The March update for MyGica came with the 'black screen' HDMI bug.

The beta MyGica update from 0703 fixed the bug completely for me (I have a 380) and the latest OTA beta update brought the bug back.

2. The auto-switching feature bug is preset in a lot of other tv-boxes from different manufacturers using the same Amlogic chip 802 so from what I have seen on other manufacturers that released updates, they disabled this feature by default because it wasn't working properly. I think MyGica should do the same.