Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xxvga

no picture on 1080p tv

I know this sounds crazy and I'm a pretty technical guy.

I plugged the ATV520e using HDMI into a 46" Toshiba and 46" Sharp Aquos TV (no not at the same time :D ). both TVs are 1080p, Sharp is 60Hz and Toshiba is 120hz. I couldn't get a picture

I thought perhaps it was a handshake issue as it was going through a Denon receiver, so I went direct to TV. no picture

i was on the right input and the mygica was powered on correctly. no issue with the HDMI cables, tried a few. TV said it had an invalid signal or something like that.

took the 520 to another tv. a 32" sharp 720p tv. worked fine first try. XBMC working properly with all addons, file sharing on my network is working with no real issue (the ATV520e really can't play m2ts home videos wirelessly though for the record)

what's the problem here?????? why no picture on 1080P tv? is there a setting required?

this is driving me crazy.

your help is much appreicated

thanks

I know this sounds crazy and I'm a pretty technical guy.

I plugged the ATV520e using HDMI into a 46" Toshiba and 46" Sharp Aquos TV (no not at the same time :D ). both TVs are 1080p, Sharp is 60Hz and Toshiba is 120hz. I couldn't get a picture

I thought perhaps it was a handshake issue as it was going through a Denon receiver, so I went direct to TV. no picture

i was on the right input and the mygica was powered on correctly. no issue with the HDMI cables, tried a few. TV said it had an invalid signal or something like that.

took the 520 to another tv. a 32" sharp 720p tv. worked fine first try. XBMC working properly with all addons, file sharing on my network is working with no real issue (the ATV520e really can't play m2ts home videos wirelessly though for the record)

what's the problem here?????? why no picture on 1080P tv? is there a setting required?

this is driving me crazy.

your help is much appreicated

thanks

You have to go into the settings menu, and go down to display setting, select output mode, and switch it to the correct resolution you want it to output to.

All Mygicas come pre set to output to 720P, since all new TV's support this output mode, and not all TV'S are 1080P.

Thanks for the quick response. I had this resolved just before you replied but i'll add it here in case it helps someone else.

The display setting under Android settings was 1080P 50hz, so it's weird that it was working on a 720P TV and not on a 1080P TV.

I set it to 1080P 60 Hz and now it works on both 720 and 1080P tvs.

strange but resolved. thank again.

i have one more issue but i'll post in a new thread

Thanks for the quick response. I had this resolved just before you replied but i'll add it here in case it helps someone else.

The display setting under Android settings was 1080P 50hz, so it's weird that it was working on a 720P TV and not on a 1080P TV.

I set it to 1080P 60 Hz and now it works on both 720 and 1080P tvs.

strange but resolved. thank again.

i have one more issue but i'll post in a new thread

Ok great to hear that you have this resolved

I am having this issue too.. how am I supposed to change the settings though if I have no picture on my screen?!

You have no other TV's or even Computer Monitors with an HDMI connection?

Hi I am having this issue Can some one help me with this.I am not sure how to change the settings.Is it change in XBMC or in the Android settings,and if in the android can you explain where.If in xbmc how Thanks